Author Topic: Last DVD/Blu-Ray you bought  (Read 2480 times)

Offline BlowUpYourVideo

• Global Moderator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Ready for a heavy dose of sidequest-ocity
    • View Profile
Re: Last DVD you bought
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 04:08:02 pm »
9 is worth it for it's Wrestlecraptastic stuff, the Crush vs. Doink match has that in a humerous way, the Giant Gonzalez and Undertaker match has it in a will this ever end way, and the "last" match has it in a, really? way  :D

Watching WM9 is definitely an indicator of how things have changed. Three DQ/countout endings on a WM card? Including the opening match?? :gtfo:
"The lift doors are closing... leaving you trapped in an airless, windowless coffin, hurtling downwards at a hundred miles an hour."

Offline Axl4Life

• Shawn Michaels
  • Staring At The Face of Adversity..
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 05:46:07 pm »
Last 2 DVDs I got were 2 TNA DVDs from Poundland, I'm yet to test them, knowing my luck they won't even work  :hihi:
Poundland does TNA DVDS? A big one just opened near me.

Which ones are they?

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 06:02:56 pm »
9 is worth it for it's Wrestlecraptastic stuff, the Crush vs. Doink match has that in a humerous way, the Giant Gonzalez and Undertaker match has it in a will this ever end way, and the "last" match has it in a, really? way  :D

Watching WM9 is definitely an indicator of how things have changed. Three DQ/countout endings on a WM card? Including the opening match?? :gtfo:
Going off the roster, original plans could have made it so much better.

Marty Jannetty was meant to face Shawn Michaels in a re-match from the Royal Rumble but drug plans changed that, that match would have been a showstealer obviously.

Having a wrestler of Randy Savage's caliber on commentary was damn skippy too.

And imagine if they'd of had Hogan vs Bret with Hogan passing the torch eh?  Saying that they planned that for KOTR '93 but Hogan refused prefering to job to Yokozuna.

Last 2 DVDs I got were 2 TNA DVDs from Poundland, I'm yet to test them, knowing my luck they won't even work  :hihi:
Poundland does TNA DVDS? A big one just opened near me.

Which ones are they?
No Surrender and Victory Road '08.  Checked 'em on my comp to see they work (and they do), although I think they may be Region 1, since my comp is multi region, not an issue, obviously it would be on my cheap DVD players like.

Offline BlowUpYourVideo

• Global Moderator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 09:28:15 pm »
Batman Begins

I saw it at the cinema but I don't remember much of it, so since I have The Dark Knight, I thought I may as well get it. £2.86 for a new, 2-disc version, including p+p! :beer:
"The lift doors are closing... leaving you trapped in an airless, windowless coffin, hurtling downwards at a hundred miles an hour."

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 11:53:37 am »
Ordered the new Shawn Michaels DVD - My Journey, not due to late April though  :( and also ordered the PRIDE Openweight Grand Prix 2006 DVD aka the last time Cro Cop was a major force in MMA.  Oh and off PlayTrade I snapped up Survivor Series 2004 for £3  :banananig: and Best of Confidential Vol. 1 for the same price, alas there will never be a "Volume 2"

Offline BlowUpYourVideo

• Global Moderator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 01:15:29 am »
Ordered a "used, like new" copy of Royal Rumble 2002 from Amazon. The only time I've ever seen it is when it originally aired, so it'll be nice to go back and see it again. 8)

Offline Yankee1012

• Global Moderator
  • Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 08:27:14 am »
Bought the Hart and Soul: Hart Family Anthology on Sunday.

Saw the 1st disc and it was awesome. Very good stuff, and its nice to learn about one of the greatest families in professional wrestling.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 06:16:21 pm »
Bought the Hart and Soul: Hart Family Anthology on Sunday.

Saw the 1st disc and it was awesome. Very good stuff, and its nice to learn about one of the greatest families in professional wrestling.
Cool, I plan on getting that when it comes out over here.  We don't get it until May.  Impressed they put the rare match of Owen and Bret vs. The Steiners on there.

Offline BlowUpYourVideo

• Global Moderator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 11:44:39 pm »
The Tagged Classics set of In Your House: Unforgiven and Over The Edge from 1998. Two PPVs featuring Steve Austin and Dude Love in the main event can't be bad. ;D Actually, the second match between them was on Foley's Greatest Hits and Misses DVD. Be nice to finally see the Inferno Match too...

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2010, 01:33:55 am »
^ Great choices, love to see you picking these up dude Tagged Classics FTW!  A new Tagged Classic in a few months worth a look is this:

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/nWo-Back-in-Black-Diesel-Razor-Ramon-DVD-2-Discs.html

Ordered a load of UFC DVDs recently  :D

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2010, 08:45:20 am »
Bought a few lately:

Chris Jericho Breaking The Code
I Love You,Man
Harold and Kumar go to White Castle
Misery
Kill Bill
Nightmare on Elm Street 3 the Dream Warriors
Helped buy The Slash at Terminal 5 in NY bootleg master

bout to hit some deals on Amazon to get Kill Bill 2,Funny people,Yes Man
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline BlowUpYourVideo

• Global Moderator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2010, 07:46:04 pm »
The Blair Witch Project

I've only seen a few seconds of the ending and a small part of the 'apology scene' on youtube and that's about it....

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 01:59:39 pm »
About 30ish UFC DVDs off ebay.  Ladder Match and Starrcade DVDs.  True Romance on Blu-Ray and loads more I'm forgetting.

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2010, 11:31:48 am »
Damn dude! u should change your store's name to Gold for DVD's. ;D
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2010, 12:27:33 pm »
Just bought about 40 more, give or take.

Ermm Heavy Metal, Transformers (Original Animated one with epic soundtrack), bunch of WWE DVDs some I got some I got for my b-day such as Best of RAW Seasons 1 and 2, Ric Flair Ultimate Collection and so on.

Few Blu-Rays, Heat, Goodfellas and T-2.  Yes now I earn a living I'm dangerous with spending.   :partytime: