Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
Dexter
« on: December 16, 2009, 01:19:47 pm »
Can't believe we didn't have a thread for this great show sooner.

I know there are a fair few fans of this show here.

I've been watching since the 1st Season, which I thought was extremely stellar, very dark.  Since then we've been ona steady path where the show could have been renamed "Humanising Dexter".  Getting a family, following the code, trying to control his dark passenger, I've enjoyed every season.

This past one has been particularly good, thanks to a superb John Lithgow although I found the end with his and Dexter's characters slightly anti-climactic although I guess thats because it was all about the shocking twist.

Looking ahead to Season 5, how can he cope bringing up 3 kids by himself, is his sister going to close in on him too?  You could see that look in her eye in the garage, then she quickly moved on but she'll come back to that and think, no **** way did he get there that fast, you can tell she's going to put the pieces together bit by bit.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 03:38:25 pm by Hammy »

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
Re: Dexter (Complete Seasons 1-4 Discussion)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 10:39:24 pm »
Yeah my favourite show. Consistantly good with some stellar performances.

For me this season and the first have been the best.

Can't wait for the next series although i'll miss Rita... i thought she was good for Dexter's character.
This is how it works, You're young until you're not
You love until you don't, You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry, You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe, Until their dying breath

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 11:46:51 pm »
So many good characters depart, often its inevitable.

I loved Dokes, Jaime Murray's character although the name escapes me and the main one from Season 3 who became his best mate.

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 02:45:59 am »
well it depends.... they could even write the kids out somehow with them going to the grandmothers..........................

I think Season 5 is gonna be about Deb's suspicions of Dexter and eventually her catching him with somebody on his table

think about the way she looked at him when he was already at Trinitys. think about her now knowing he is the Ice Truck Killer's brother and now Trinity killing Rita..... they are gonna put 2 and 2 together and wonder why such a coincidence. if Deb gets nosey and shows a pic of Dex to Trinity's family... **** will hit the fan.
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline slashsfro

• Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 05:16:49 am »
So many good characters depart, often its inevitable.

I loved Dokes, Jaime Murray's character although the name escapes me and the main one from Season 3 who became his best mate.

Lila was the name of Jaime Murray's character.  Miguel Prado (Jimmy Smits) was the name of his nemesis/friend in S3.

well it depends.... they could even write the kids out somehow with them going to the grandmothers..........................

I think Season 5 is gonna be about Deb's suspicions of Dexter and eventually her catching him with somebody on his table

think about the way she looked at him when he was already at Trinitys. think about her now knowing he is the Ice Truck Killer's brother and now Trinity killing Rita..... they are gonna put 2 and 2 together and wonder why such a coincidence. if Deb gets nosey and shows a pic of Dex to Trinity's family... **** will hit the fan.

To be honest Dexter did a lot of stupid stuff this season which really irked me.  I think he got too domesticated the last two years.  I HATED hearing him saying he was doing stuff for the sake of his family.   He's the same as Trinity Killer in that they are both stone cold sociopathic killers who kill out of need and compulsion.

The part where Deb finally realizes that Dexter is related to Ice Truck Killer was the best part of the S4 Finale to me.  I thought she was really going to ask him about what really happened at the house in S1 but instead she went soft on him and told him about what she had found out.  I guess they are doing the build towards S5 for that ( I think).

Quinn is useless to me just a less interesting version of Doakes.  I think they screwed up S3 by not having someone (probably LaGuerta) investigate the entire BHB/Doakes saga.

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 01:34:03 am »
I don't think the Doakes story is dead quite yet... remember, he took some slides to somebody.... that could come back around.

I thought the doakes thing was kinda dumb in a way.. i mean who the hell would even consider Doakes capable of such genius activity?

Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 10:16:51 pm »

To be honest Dexter did a lot of stupid stuff this season which really irked me.  I think he got too domesticated the last two years.  I HATED hearing him saying he was doing stuff for the sake of his family.   He's the same as Trinity Killer in that they are both stone cold sociopathic killers who kill out of need and compulsion.

I really enjoyed that part. I liked the part where he was wrestling with his thoughts and feelings and personally i'm gonna miss Rita as a character.

For better or worse Dexter doesn't consider himself the same as trinity as although he knows he's messed up and what he is doing is wrong but he justifys it by killing other serious criminals in the main. Thats why he was so upset when he killed the innocent guy.
This is how it works, You're young until you're not
You love until you don't, You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry, You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe, Until their dying breath

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 08:46:06 am »
Is everyone watching Season 5?

Good so far.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 02:00:13 pm »
Is everyone watching Season 5?

Good so far.
Only 2 episodes in so far, but yes.

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 11:32:19 am »
Ok i need updates, feedback

where's everybody at on the season?

Offline Jim

• nWo
  • Matt Hardy
  • Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 12:12:35 pm »
Dexter's just killed Deb. Where is everybody else?
There's a vintage thirst returning,
But I'm sheltered
by my
channel-surfing.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 12:23:26 pm »
Dexter's just married Deb, right? I saw the pictures....

Offline Jim

• nWo
  • Matt Hardy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 03:25:45 pm »
Yeah, I think that was around the same time of the season that Dexter had cancer. I skipped a few episodes around that point.
But I'm sheltered
by my
channel-surfing.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 03:37:44 pm »
I think that was shortly before he killed George Henderson...

Offline Jim

• nWo
  • Matt Hardy
    • View Profile
Re: Dexter
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 12:36:28 pm »
I am sorry to anybody whose enjoyment of this season we might of spoiled by revealing major plot points that I understand may not have aired yet.

Now, if you'll indulge me actually talking about the current series for a moment, Hammy, as an old school movie fan like myself, surely you've been enjoying the appearance of Robocop himself! He always strikes me as the poor mans Clint Eastwood...
But I'm sheltered
by my
channel-surfing.