Author Topic: Lost Seasons 1-6  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
Lost Seasons 1-6
« on: June 30, 2009, 06:07:17 pm »
Obviously no spoilers, but we can still discuss what we think will happen (report upcoming news etc.) as well as the seasons gone by.

The upcoming final season of Lost will run to 18 episodes, ABC has confirmed.

The news means that the show's sixth season will have one hour more than was originally planned.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the final season will include a two-hour premiere and a two-hour finale.

How much will Jacob be explored in the final season after what happened at the end of last season.  Is he done now?  Clearly things need to be explained but what role will the actor play, will he be featured strongly, there is so much to explore with him.

Also is anyone disappointed this is the end of happy that things will be "tied up/finished off".

I'm still gutted about Faraday's death and still think 18 episodes with all the things that need answering is going to mean every episode is packed with shocks, revelations and such, I doubt they'd drag things to episode 15-16 then try and fit everything into the final few episodes.

I read recently the actor who plays Jack has seen the ending, not sure whether he send he was the only cast mate who has, but I think it was something along those lines.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Evolution

• Global Moderator
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Follow The Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Seasons 1-6
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 01:18:50 am »
I'm still gutted about Faraday's death

Same here. The writers said they liked to kill off people when the fans would still say "how dare they?!", and they definately did it here.

I can only imagine for the final season, the episode structures will become less rigid. You won't get as many flashback or flashforward episodes, and they will only become centric by having one character on screen more than most, if at all.

Still waiting to hear who will comprise main cast for 2010! You have to think Richard and Ilana, at the least.
http://wwfmatchgraphics.tumblr.com/

Your Tumblr home for Attitude era Match Graphics!

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 01:31:10 am »
writers said they liked to kill off people when the fans would still say "how dare they?!", and they definately did it here.
Except for when they killed off that couple who did nothing by burying them alive, leaving most to say "who were they?"  :P

Offline Evolution

• Global Moderator
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Follow The Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 02:06:02 am »
My rewatch from S1 onwards began tonight  ;D

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 02:08:58 am »
My rewatch from S1 onwards began tonight  ;D
Your gonna do ALL 5 before the next season?  :o

Offline Evolution

• Global Moderator
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Follow The Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 02:10:36 am »
Definately, me and my flatmate watched four tonight alone. Probably be done in a month or two!

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 02:13:51 am »
Definately, me and my flatmate watched four tonight alone. Probably be done in a month or two!
I've never rewatched a single episode, I probably will once the series finishes.

My shocked reaction there was partially due to me forgetting Lost isn't back in September like most series, I was thinking you were doing it in a month...

Offline Evolution

• Global Moderator
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Follow The Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 02:15:40 am »
Ah, haha.

It's great to rewatch, so many little hints. Like when Locke was showing Walt the game of backgammon. "Two sides, one light, one dark", which of course has extra resonance after the events of the finale with Jacob and his nemesis.

Offline Jim

• nWo
  • Matt Hardy
  • Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 11:18:37 pm »
I think that I am the only Lost fan in the world, and by that I mean of who I know and from what I have done reading of on the internet, that liked the first six episodes of the third season. Sue me!, but I thought that they were a great little mini series...

... And that's in proper hindsight, too!, given that I have seen season 3 twice.

I've seen season 1 through about twice and then random episodes a few times more, and it held up. Though it really does feel like the first season of another show at times.

I watched season 2 through twice, once at US pace and then again when it was on over here. I found the second time through almost unbearable, and I'm in absolutely no hurry (the odd episode asside... Actually, a number of episodes asside, to give it its due) to watch it again. It was, generally, a mess and the worst season to have on when people are trotting out the tired old reasons that they don't watch Lost anymore.... Because the season plays up to them to the letter!

Season 3 I really enjoyed.

Season 4 I've only seen through once, and I've only just realised that. Maybe my episode recap starts there and starts tonight! Must... Resist... Urge to... Skip to... The... Constant.
(Sorry!, I've got to go with public opinion there, best episode ever?)

I did like season 5, but can't help but feeling that it would hold up a lot better under a DVD session over a few days. I felt let down by huge swathes of it, most notably the supposed Richard centric episode, but as I said at the time, I guess that a lot of that is down to the previews and synopsis that were released... The yanks are insane when it comes to that kind of thing though, anything more than a glimpse of parts of the first ten minutes of an episode are tantamount to spoiler in my eyes, and yet over there they are pretty much willing to use parts of the last scene in their, err, sneak peaks... But some of the synopsis were just down right misleading!

Oh, and on the edit, though they were treading water for a bit in the finale the final scenes were the best of the series!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 11:22:02 pm by Jim »
There's a vintage thirst returning,
But I'm sheltered
by my
channel-surfing.

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 03:00:40 pm »
Seasons 1,3,4 & 5 have been good but Season 2 was horrible IMO.

I stuck with Lost through season 2 and i'm glad i did. The last season should be brilliant though. I really expect great things of it. If the ending is great it has potential to be one of the greatest shows IMO. Great Concept, Great Writing..... and with a great ending it will be a great show!

If the ending blows it will be one of those shows that was good, but will probally be remembered as another show that kept us all hanging on and never quite delivered.

I have to say that Season 5 was great. The whole Sawyer, Kate, Jack & Juilet thing was brilliant TV alone let alone the rest of the storylines.
This is how it works, You're young until you're not
You love until you don't, You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry, You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe, Until their dying breath

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline Evolution

• Global Moderator
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Follow The Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 05:07:29 pm »
I think Season 2, whilst the weakest, gets an unfair amount of harsh words. Some the episodes are amongst the very best, like the Finale episode, and it did a great job of introducing the DHARMA Initiative.

Plus they showed that they can add new characters into the mix with the best of 'em. Case in point, Desmond was only in about three episodes to start the season and he was brought back because his popularity was so high. "Henry Gale" likewise!

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 05:29:17 pm »
Having never rewatched ANY episodes I'd struggle to tell you which Seasons I think are the strongest and weakest because in many respects they all blur into one.

Plane Crash - Beach - Polar Bear - Charlie Dies - New Characters - Faraday Dies - Boom!

Thats me series recap in my head  :D

Offline Evolution

• Global Moderator
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Follow The Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 05:31:06 pm »
Haha, I'm still a bit gutted that Faraday isn't going to be around this next season, but Richard makes up for that.

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 07:13:29 pm »
Wow.... Lost is back and i love the show.

I can't wait to see how it ends. Has anyone else seen the first two episodes yet?
This is how it works, You're young until you're not
You love until you don't, You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry, You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe, Until their dying breath

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 10:45:25 am »
Going to watch them tonight on Sky1.