Author Topic: Just got back from ANOTHER grappling competition  (Read 617 times)

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
Just got back from ANOTHER grappling competition
« on: October 11, 2009, 08:16:50 pm »
I didn't make weight (again) so I fought at -80kg.

It turns out my weight was the last of the day, weighed in at 10.30, didn't fight 'til after 5.pm. and you would be amazed how draining that is.  Sat round with all that nervous energy, raring to go, not knowing what time you'll fight, we didn't know until 10 minutes before, so throughout the day it was, are we on soon?

My first fight I was tired and my guard was poor, I got passed and behind on points.  I went for a toe-hold which happened to be illegal and got warned.  I later went for a leg lock (legal) which changed to a heel hook (illegal) and got DQ'd :(

As standard they offer you a second fight against a fellow loser.  They offered me one against a teammate, we both refused it as there is no point, we can fight at our club.

Later they said there were some more guys available (2nd Round losers) who we could fight.  My teammate fought then I asked who I was fighting, turned out I was going to fight the guy I got DQ'd against, so good news was, a chance for revenge.

I quickly jumped guard, whipped on a Triangle and righted the wrong from earlier in the day!

I'll have the vids up later...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
Re: Just got back from ANOTHER grappling competition
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 10:29:28 pm »
Mixed emotions on this competition I take it then? How far off weight were you?

Pretty shitty about the DQ, are submissions on feet/legs always illegal?

Atleast you got a chance to rectify the result (and not with a Guillotine for once  :o :hihi:), any well known guys at this event?
This post was brought to you by:

Harley Davidson

The only motorcycle worthy of being in the octagon!

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 11:54:28 pm »
Saturday I was 1.4kg off weight, but I had no desire to do anymore running I was **** as it was, it didn't seem to be shifting and the effort involved would have **** me over for the comp, so I started carbing up the night before and decided against it, so I knew I wouldn't make it.

Straight leg locks and kneebars are legal, toe holds and heel hooks and other dangerous ones are not, I tried 2 of the dodgy ones, schoolboy error, I wasn't thinking, I'm happy I got a rematch though and won :)

As for famous people, well the competition is run by: http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jason-Tan-12369 and he was the ref who DQ'd me!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 12:03:51 am by Hammy »

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 01:10:11 am »
Oh yeah I remember him getting KO'ed by Davis & 'Stun Gun' Kim on his debut (Kim's).

Whens your next comp? Atleast you'll to do the cutting alittle earlier that time, plus I'm sure D will give you some help i.e running advice.  ;)

Harley Davidson

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 06:15:30 am »
DO u have access to a sauna? That is the fastest way IMO to really cut that ****.

Too bad u didnt come out the gates like u did the 2nd fight. 
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 07:17:03 pm »
Honestly, never liked the idea of using a sauna, and my Gym doesn't have one, I realise its something to consider but like I said I wouldn't want to be too drained, I mean its perfectly possible I could have been fighting an hour or so after weigh-in, you just never know, I said after this time though if I didn't make weight I'd definately stick in this weight and keep putting on the muscle, that was partially the problem from last time to this, I've bulked up so even though my dieting for these things is great, cutting gets harder, a decent diet got me a couple of kilos off, but for that xtra 1, I probably should of used a sauna but like I said, I'll just bulk up to the top end of my weight.

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 01:13:20 am »
What do u run in when u cut weight?

If u don't already, get a sauna suit and wear a sweat suit over top of it.

Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 01:34:03 pm »

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 02:05:51 am »
Pretty unlucky on the first fight but by God was he fearing you in the second! Great showing on the second one man with a sweet tight Triangle.

...Also I loved the commentary!  :hihi:

Harley Davidson

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 02:09:56 am »
...Also I loved the commentary!  :hihi:
Haha yeah, I normally dub it out with music, thats what took me so long to upload it, I intended to, but in the end couldn't be bothered.

You can tell its my Dad, "He's a Judo Black Belt?  He's Good?  Did you tell James that?"

"No!"

"Good thing he didn't stand with him then!"

Guy gets mount.

"****!"