Author Topic: WWE Raw Thread  (Read 16259 times)

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
Re: WWE Raw Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2009, 02:51:23 am »
6 Mag Tag and the US Title announcement...decent.

Kendrick jobbing to Lawler....completely stupid!!

Offline Axl4Life

• Shawn Michaels
  • Staring At The Face of Adversity..
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2009, 12:09:38 pm »
Raw was pathetic in every way last night. It was, bizzare, pointless and everything was downright stupid. Even Lilian Garcia didn't know the hell was going on.

I'm sick of every concievable storyline that features HHH/Cena/Orton/Legacy. It's been done to death long ago both seperately and together.

The 6 pack challenge was just a clusterfuck and a Mania XXV Diva Battle Royal way of getting everyone out there. And the most talented of all of them (Evan Bourne) was missing and has been excluded from the Title match at N.O.C.

ZZ Topp should never be allowed near a WWE camera again unless they're sitting at ringside.

Jericho/Henry, ZZ Topp, Hornswoggle/Chavo, and Kendrick/King served no storyline purpose, was utterly pointless and is an insult to the viewers intelligence.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2009, 12:26:49 pm »
I enjoyed the six man and I like the idea of all the guys going for the belt, and with Primo getting the winning pinfall and Bourne earning a non-title win a few weeks back I'd like to think it gives you a big US Title picture, as good as a solid feud is between two people I have hated how so many title pictures only involve a couple of people, I like the old school, anyone of "x number of people" could win the belt.

The rest of RAW was pretty meh though, talent like Chavo and Kendrick are being ruined for nothing but comedy purposes....

....but it was meant to be a "PG" product, what can I say?  ::)

Offline James Lofton

• Matt Hardy
  • You want a Dusty finish?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2009, 01:00:29 pm »
Celebrity hosts?  :o Now I'm all for bringing them aboard during WM or something of that nature, but having different celebs host weekly shows is just begging for trouble. I literally have visions of a Lindsey Lohan(or insert other lame celeb) world title reign.

Bad, BAD idea.

Now is the perfect time for a Triple H/Shawn Michaels NWO takeover to sweep away the predictability - fair enough have it PG, but you can do so much more

You want something predictable to sweep away predictability? Is it really that bad now? I think I'll watch RAW next monday for shits and giggles.

The same kind of tourists who attend the TNA tapings in Universal Studios every month.
That reminds me of the WCW debacle from the early 90s. They would literally spend weekends taping entire seasons of the Saturday Night program. When you would watch Saturday Night, it was taped literally months ago. They are very lucky they got away with this. Organization would have imploded had people known of this on a mass scale. Apparently this wreaked all kinds of havoc at house shows. The champs at house shows were different than on the tv shows. I believe it was Rude(maybe someone else) who was U.S. champ on the tv shows. He left WCW before the story could completely play out on tv, so Rude was champ for weeks/months even though in reality he was no longer there. Cluster **** city.

I have wined and dined with kings and queens, and I've slept in alleys and dined on pork and beans.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 01:05:28 pm »
^ Talking of taping things out of order, can you believe they even taped shows for after a massive event like Wrestlemania before it back in they day?  Wrestlemania X, Luger was originally meant to win, and had been seen with the belt...but they changed their minds (he wasn't "Over" enough in WWF land)

RAW is about - Celebrity, comedy, skits etc.

Smackdown, ECW, Superstars are pretty decent.... they are the "Wrestling" shows with decent storylines  :D

Offline Axl4Life

• Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2009, 02:04:16 pm »
Celebrity hosts?  :o Now I'm all for bringing them aboard during WM or something of that nature, but having different celebs host weekly shows is just begging for trouble. I literally have visions of a Lindsey Lohan(or insert other lame celeb) world title reign.

Bad, BAD idea.

Well, depite how badly **** up Raw is, I think it's safe to say David Arquette won't be appearing anytime soon.  :P

I can see lame people like these 'guest hosting' in the future though:

Snoop Dogg
Kim Kardashian
Kevin Federline
Kid Rock
Tara Conner

Sad thing is they've all appeared before in some fashion.

Shaquille O'Neal is guest hosting next week.....

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2009, 02:05:12 pm »
Kid Rock is not lame  :P

Offline Axl4Life

• Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2009, 02:07:42 pm »
Only God Knows Why he thinks he's an American Badass, but fact of the matter is he will continue to rip off  and brown nose Lynyrd Skynyrd and suck All Summer Long8)

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2009, 02:09:36 pm »
Only God Knows Why he thinks he's an American Badass, but fact of the matter is he will continue to rip off  and brown nose Lynyrd Skynyrd and suck All Summer Long8)
Now if you'd got Bawitdaba in there I'd of been impressed....

Offline BlowUpYourVideo

• Global Moderator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Ready for a heavy dose of sidequest-ocity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2009, 06:10:09 pm »
Hopefully Lawler doesn't embark on a huge winning streak à la Goldberg now.

I don't see much brightness in Brian Kendrick's future WWE career. He may very well be undertaking some new 'endeavours' soon....
"The lift doors are closing... leaving you trapped in an airless, windowless coffin, hurtling downwards at a hundred miles an hour."

Offline slashsfro

• Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2009, 06:46:58 pm »
Raw was pathetic in every way last night. It was, bizzare, pointless and everything was downright stupid. Even Lilian Garcia didn't know the hell was going on.

I'm sick of every concievable storyline that features HHH/Cena/Orton/Legacy. It's been done to death long ago both seperately and together.

I can't remember the last time I watched a Raw episode in its entirety.  The show has become very predictable and boring.  There is a promo by either--Orton, HHH, Cena, Batista (prior to injury) to start the show every week.  The main event always involves one of these wrestlers.  They need to inject new faces into this show especially in the main event area.  The return of Shawn Michaels will help the work rate of the matches but he's already feuded with all of the guys in the main event scene.  I'd watch a bit more if they gave him a World Title run.

The guest host stuff has been hit or miss,  Ted Dibiase Sr. was very good a few weeks ago but I don't care about the celeb ones though.  Keep to the wrestling guests hosts.  Shaq O Neal should be interesting since he digs the product and is an over the top character.  I'll watch this on curiosity factor.

Smackdown, to its credit at least tries to inject new feuds into its program.  The Jeff Hardy/Punk feud is interesting because of the Punk tweener role.  Jericho/Mysterio was an entertaining feud.   Now they're moving Ziggler into a feud with Mysterio.  They had John Morrison wrestle CM Punk a few weeks ago.  I think Smackdown is at least trying to build new main eventers.

Offline Izzy

• nWo
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Quick! To the bandwagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2009, 09:06:24 pm »
U saved me watching raw this week! Smackdown is better, but it's half of a product, I watch and I keep waiting for...something more, eps end and I'm left thinking 'is that it?'. It's solid, its safe, it's all a bit...bland, if anything it's not raw that's dull it's smackdown, raw is more 'joke' than dull.

This can't all be blamed on 'PG', WWE has been this way for years, difference is they've owned up now
A nobody's opinion on the world of cinema
http://whogoestheremovieops.wordpress.com/

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2009, 09:42:39 pm »
U saved me watching raw this week! Smackdown is better, but it's half of a product, I watch and I keep waiting for...something more, eps end and I'm left thinking 'is that it?'. It's solid, its safe, it's all a bit...bland, if anything it's not raw that's dull it's smackdown, raw is more 'joke' than dull.

This can't all be blamed on 'PG', WWE has been this way for years, difference is they've owned up now

Your saying Smackdown is dull? Seriously? It is by far the best show going at the minute with a stacked roster full of talent and great matches week in week out. You keep waiting for 'something more'? What like 12 run-ins, DQ title changes, young talent getting squashed and the odd dusty finish? Guys like Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison, CM Punk, Jericho, Hardy & Edge(before injury) have made it hugely entertaining wrestling wise, you may not like it because of the fact it is mainly wrestling based and your more into the entertainment side of it which is fair enough but to say its dull is just rediculous.
This post was brought to you by:

Harley Davidson

The only motorcycle worthy of being in the octagon!

Offline Izzy

• nWo
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Quick! To the bandwagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2009, 09:51:59 am »

Your saying Smackdown is dull? Seriously? It is by far the best show going at the minute with a stacked roster full of talent and great matches week in week out. You keep waiting for 'something more'? What like 12 run-ins, DQ title changes, young talent getting squashed and the odd dusty finish? Guys like Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison, CM Punk, Jericho, Hardy & Edge(before injury) have made it hugely entertaining wrestling wise, you may not like it because of the fact it is mainly wrestling based and your more into the entertainment side of it which is fair enough but to say its dull is just rediculous.

Each week its the 'WWE booking machine' randomly generating matches....

CM Punk vs Peter Pan
Jeff Hardy vs the 1914 All White Alabama Racketball Team
John Morrison vs - *error* file corrupt - contact administrator

There is absolutely no logic to the booking - nothing is ever on the line in these random matches, Punk vs Jesse in a non title match - who gives a monkees who wins?

A nobody's opinion on the world of cinema
http://whogoestheremovieops.wordpress.com/

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2009, 10:53:05 am »
....to the Smackdown thread.  8)