Author Topic: Guns N' Roses  (Read 4083 times)

Offline BlowUpYourVideo

• Global Moderator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Ready for a heavy dose of sidequest-ocity
    • View Profile
Re: Guns N Roses
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 12:58:53 am »
we will see a reunion one day

true or false?

It's hard because on the one hand, we all know what Axl has said about Slash and there is a current line-up but on the other hand, there've been various bands who've reunited, despite it seeming unlikely they would. Faith No More (albeit minus Jim Martin), the Sex Pistols and the original Black Sabbath line-up are ones that spring to mind.

It would be certainly be cool if it did happen, but if not, so be it. I won't complain.
"The lift doors are closing... leaving you trapped in an airless, windowless coffin, hurtling downwards at a hundred miles an hour."

Offline Izzy

• nWo
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Quick! To the bandwagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 10:33:44 pm »
I dont think they'll ever reform - pride can be a terrible thing
A nobody's opinion on the world of cinema
http://whogoestheremovieops.wordpress.com/

Offline Evolution

• Global Moderator
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Follow The Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 01:21:45 am »
The band is truly unique in terms of it's bizarre way of going about things. It's not even worth following day-to-day for scraps of news. Anything meaningful will be common knowledge soon enough.
http://wwfmatchgraphics.tumblr.com/

Your Tumblr home for Attitude era Match Graphics!

Offline James Lofton

• Matt Hardy
  • You want a Dusty finish?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 01:44:51 am »

true or false?
It'll happen when Axl wants one last shot at relevancy and a fat paycheck. However, Slash may not even be interested at that point. Slash is basically entering the 'Santana' phase of his career, and the last thing he needs is Axl.

Slash could easily have mainstream success for the next twenty years without GNR even entering his mind.

I think years from now when people look back on this fiasco in hindsight, they're gonna see that 2007 was the perfect moment for it to happen. New GNR wasn't doing **** and VR was imploding. In 2009, Duff has Loaded and Slash will be spending at least two years on his solo album. Izzy likes releasing solo records under the radar, and Steven and Matt just go with the flow of whatever is happening.

We're not getting a reunion anytime soon.
I have wined and dined with kings and queens, and I've slept in alleys and dined on pork and beans.

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 06:07:19 am »

true or false?
It'll happen when Axl wants one last shot at relevancy and a fat paycheck. However, Slash may not even be interested at that point. Slash is basically entering the 'Santana' phase of his career, and the last thing he needs is Axl.

Slash could easily have mainstream success for the next twenty years without GNR even entering his mind.

I think years from now when people look back on this fiasco in hindsight, they're gonna see that 2007 was the perfect moment for it to happen. New GNR wasn't doing **** and VR was imploding. In 2009, Duff has Loaded and Slash will be spending at least two years on his solo album. Izzy likes releasing solo records under the radar, and Steven and Matt just go with the flow of whatever is happening.

We're not getting a reunion anytime soon.

Well said!
This post was brought to you by:

Harley Davidson

The only motorcycle worthy of being in the octagon!

Offline Izzy

• nWo
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2009, 12:03:26 pm »

Hmmm

...he's hardly changed the world since GNR...

..and frankly the quality of his work post GNR has not been great - VR wasnt a stunning guitar album ruined by a lousy singer, it was fairly poor from all involved

Slash could be a success - but his heart clearly isnt in it, one serious band and album since 1994?

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
Re: Guns N' Roses
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2009, 06:38:12 pm »
Just to play a different angle here

why do we automatically assume the breakup was Axl's fault?
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 06:48:12 pm »

Numbers,

Offline Izzy

• nWo
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 07:14:42 pm »

I'll go with 'Axl's evil/insane nature'

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 07:31:47 pm »
Just to defend Axl here:

Ok, the entire band were drugged out of their mind. Have u ever been sober and try to deal with a bunch of drunks/druggies? it isn't fun

SO maybe Axl got so frustrated with it, that he made them sign the name over just to insure GNR lived on and no outside "ex" wife or what have u gained a controlling interest in GNR if say Slash or Duff or Izzy had died.

Then in the studio, maybe Slash didn't want to work hard? Maybe he did hand Axl what became his solo album and say take it or leave it?

Surely one can't fault Axl for wanting to do as well as AFD and UYI and not settling.

GNR were in a very crucial period with grunge etc where they had to make a great record and Axl knew this

so maybe he is "difficult" to work with only because he demands everybody's best and they weren't willing to do it.

Axl let 2 members sing lead vocals on a GNR album... not many frontmen would do that.

now Slash throws Scott under the bus for being "difficult" when Slash was more **** up than Scott ever was on those GNR tours and Axl had to deal with him.

so isn't that a giant double standard?
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline BlowUpYourVideo

• Global Moderator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 10:15:41 pm »
I think it's one of those things that we'll likely never know the real reasons behind. It was probably a mixture of things, with everyone involved having some part in it. All the members will have their versions of events - which they'll obviously see as being accurate - and it's sort of like, who do you wanna believe??
"The lift doors are closing... leaving you trapped in an airless, windowless coffin, hurtling downwards at a hundred miles an hour."

Offline Izzy

• nWo
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 05:55:05 pm »
Maybe all this was for the best, it's better for a band to implode than continue getting ever worse. Example? Metallica, imagine if they had quit after 'black'... While Chinese democracy wasn't AFD, it was the best album this decade (up against stiff competition, hmmm)

Offline EricxGNRxSTARx

• nWo
  • Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 05:37:12 am »
I doubt you HTGTHers know this but there are unreleased songs going around. There was a long thread on MYGNR the other day and I believe that some of these people have what they claim.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 10:41:40 am »
I doubt you HTGTHers know this but there are unreleased songs going around. There was a long thread on MYGNR the other day and I believe that some of these people have what they claim.
Any songs names being mentioned?

Offline BlowUpYourVideo

• Global Moderator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 12:26:11 pm »
If songs get leaked in the future for the next GNR album, I'm gonna try and not listen to them. I probably would have enjoyed CD more if I hadn't heard any of it before.....