Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
Heroes
« on: August 08, 2009, 01:43:02 am »
I'm guessing Heroes still has some fans left.  I remember when the show first started and there was this big buzz about it, I watched the first few episodes and just gave up, I couldn't get into it, I was just bored, this was when it was on Sky TV.

A while later it debuted on BBC2 and people were once again raving about how great it was so I thought I'd give it another shot considering the hype and I really got into it and became a big fan.

Since then the quality has dipped in places but overall I've enjoyed it.  Guests stars such as Eric Roberts and Christopher Eccleston have been really good, its main failings have been its constant "Russo Swerves".  I've lost count of the amount of people who have "died" only to turn out to be alive, sometimes minutes later, sometimes the next episode, some times a few episodes later.  It gets to the point when they finally kill someone, and attempt to make it dramatic and emotional you fail to connect with it thinking, "So what, its Heroes, they'll be back at some point."  They also seem to have rushed stories along recently, making things exciting yet all over the place afte criticism from fans where they were bored with the second season, and constantly falling ratings which has been unfortunate because up until the final episode, the last season was on the whole pretty decent.  I wasn't happy with the ending though, having Sylar brainwashed into thinking he was Nathan (who is dead...or is he...its Heroes  :P )

Anyway here is the preview for next season...

Edit: Watching the trailer its great to see the addition of Prison Break's Robert Knepper!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 01:47:18 am by Hammy »

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 02:54:03 pm »
Heroes is a classic case a a great idea for a show who had a great story that lasted 24 episodes (1st Season) and then it got renewed and they had to think on their feet for the next series and so on.

I am a fan and watch it and enjoy many bits of it but i hate certain bits too. Its not that its boring its just that the idea of the show has so much potential, i think most of the time it fails to live up to it.

Its a similar thing that Lost went through although they realsied it after the bore that was half of season 2 and started killing people off. I think Heroes could do with a bit of the "Future Endeavours" that lost dished out. At times you can forget whats going on with certain people. You can add people but characters like Suresh just bore me.

I mean the trailer looks amazing and hopefully it lives up to it.... coz i think if it keeps going downhill i think it might be the last season we get. I can't wait for it to start though.

September should be interesting with Heroes & Dexter leading my interest.

This is how it works, You're young until you're not
You love until you don't, You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry, You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe, Until their dying breath

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 07:30:11 pm »
Ernie Hudson has reportedly joined the cast of NBC's Heroes.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Hudson - who has previously appeared in Desperate Housewives, Private Practice and Oz - will join the show's upcoming fourth season as a recurring cast member.

He will play Captain Lubbock, a Baltimore detective who is said to be on the hunt for one of the other characters on the show.

The new season of Heroes kicks off with a two-hour premiere Monday, September 21 on NBC.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 05:09:12 pm »
Well its back, I've just seen the double bill opener (thanx Atari for the link) and it was alright, a bit hit and miss.

I like Samuel, he is a good addition, but too much of it dragged, I'm thinking this may well be the last season...

Offline AtariLegend

• Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 12:27:22 pm »
As much of a miss as it can be (sometimes), it runs head to head with RAW on Monday nights I believe.

If I lived State side, I know which show I'd choose to watch every week...
Why drink, when you can drive?

Offline AtariLegend

• Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 07:52:02 pm »
I just noticed.

7 episodes in and the BBC air date is when....?

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 08:14:50 pm »
Word is BBC as part of cost cutting may be airing less US Shows and this could be one of those effected.

I just torrent it, I'm impatient  :D

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 09:30:26 pm »
There are lots of charecters in Heroes i just don't give a **** about anymore.

Nathan
Traci
Suresh
Mrs Petrelli
Lady with hearing ability (thats how much i care don't even know her name)
Pretty much everyone at the carnival

I wish they would get back to Sylar vs Peter, Claire, Hiro etc

Sylar needs to go on a tear again.

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 11:00:21 pm »
I've been enjoying it recently especially "Evil Butterfly Man", I'm just hoping it doesn't get cancelled, with so many different abilities and ideas, with good writing this has the scope to go on for a long time...

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 11:44:56 pm »
I've been enjoying it recently especially "Evil Butterfly Man", I'm just hoping it doesn't get cancelled, with so many different abilities and ideas, with good writing this has the scope to go on for a long time...

To me Heroes has never been as good as the first series. I'd be happy for the writers to go down the Lost route and set an End date (say Season 6 or 7) and lock the writers in a room until they have a progressive storyline which has an awesome ending.

I wouldn't be against a spin-off either after the show is over.... someone like Parkman or Peter would be interesting assuming they'll eventully kill Sylar for good.....

.... Or a Heroes : Origins show which details the very first people to have powers or something like that. I just think the show with current writers maybe ruiined beyond repair.

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline AtariLegend

• Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 06:29:12 pm »
The ratings are bad... The show probably will be cancelled.

It's a pity, love the concept of it, hate the endless stories where very little interesting happens.

Mid season cliffhanger last week, a wimper.

I think the creators gave up during the 1/4 of series 3 and just decided to randomly throw together a few scenarios involoving different cast members.

The plot isn't going anywhere, I think.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 07:25:52 pm »
It's a shame for the most part I still really enjoy it.

I was always gutted The Invisible Man, Christopher Eccleston didn't return, although in theory he has been in every episode.  :D

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 04:08:55 pm »
Heroes star Dawn Olivieri has reassured fans over the show's future.

The NBC series, which is now in its fourth season, has been struggling to maintain decent ratings in recent weeks.

However, speaking exclusively to DS, Olivieri, who plays carnival goer Lydia on the series, said that she believes the show will return for a fifth season.

"Everybody talks about it losing momentum and not being so great in the ratings, but honestly, this show makes so much money for NBC that I don't see it gong anywhere.

"It's had No.1 DVD sales every year it's been on - internationally - and I don't think it's going anywhere. I think it'll keep going."

Heroes returns to NBC Monday, January 11 in a new 9pm slot.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 02:09:36 pm »
Heroes has more viewers through illegal downloads than via television, a report has claimed.

According to TorrentFreak, the number of downloads on BitTorrent - around 6,580,000 - exceeded the average viewership - an estimated 5,900,000 - on US television in 2009.

With these figures in mind, Heroes has topped the list as the most-pirated show of 2009, Lost being a close second.

Prison Break, Dexter and House make up the top five, with 24 and Desperate Housewives just outside. The top ten is rounded off with Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Grey's Anatomy and True Blood.

Showtime's Dexter joins Heroes as the only other show to receive more viewers via illegal downloads.

If you total the downloads and the tv ratings up, its doing pretty well!

Offline AtariLegend

• Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 12:11:02 pm »
Disapointing, one of my favorite series, but pretty much nothing interesting happened in 19 episodes.

Probably the least dramatic season final in the history of the show.

The last few minutes did make it seem like the producers have gave up on chances of another series.