Author Topic: Bon Jovi  (Read 1088 times)

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
Bon Jovi
« on: August 01, 2009, 01:11:32 pm »
Can't have a music discussion without Bon Jovi

one of my all time favorite bands. just amazing in every way
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline James Lofton

• Matt Hardy
  • You want a Dusty finish?
    • View Profile
Re: Bon Jovi
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 01:04:28 am »
This is one of the bands I was really into until I heard Jungle the first time and Slippery When Wet immediately started to collect dust in the back of my collection. I don't listen to them anymore either, mainly because it brings back too many memories of junior high.... Slippery When Wet the soundtrack to sixth grade, and while I was not a Jovi nutswinger in 88, I did buy New Jersey and it was the soundtrack to eighth grade.

I love that song Miracle from the Young Guns Soundtrack.
I have wined and dined with kings and queens, and I've slept in alleys and dined on pork and beans.

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 01:29:43 am »
U know what I don't understand

New Jersey had more hit singles than Slippery, is a better album IMO overall but yet sold about a 3rd of Slippery.

I don't understand.
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Offline James Lofton

• Matt Hardy
  • You want a Dusty finish?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 02:54:30 am »
U know what I don't understand

New Jersey had more hit singles than Slippery, is a better album IMO overall but yet sold about a 3rd of Slippery.

I don't understand.
Guns N Roses

They had a massive effect on the industry and pop culture. GNR were the bridge from hair metal to grunge. Every kid in 8th grade was listening to Born to Me By Baby and I'll Be There For You on MTV, but they were rocking out to AFD on their cassette players. While Born to Be My Baby made you think of Melissa in your social studies class, you were fingering her while listening to Its So Easy.

Bon Jovi are even lucky they survived that. David Lee Roth went from being on top of the world to completely irrelevant, and AFD is responsible for that.
I have wined and dined with kings and queens, and I've slept in alleys and dined on pork and beans.

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 03:28:51 am »
something has to be said for Jon's genius though to keep this band rolling throughout all this stuff.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 01:11:36 am »
BON JOVI have set November 10th as the release date for their new album. Their new single will be serviced to radio on August 31st. Tour plans will be announced in October. Their new single will be serviced to radio on August 31st.

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 12:54:24 pm »
Got the new song

anybody want it?

its nothing groundbreaking but it has a great message and chorus.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 06:54:57 pm »
BON JOVI's new studio album, entitled The Circle, will be released on November 10th. Talking to RollingStone.com's Greg Prato, Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora recently stated: "It's back to rock & roll for us, man. Jon and I had a wonderful time making it. Very proud of it - just getting down to mixing it right now. We hit a very prolific period in our songwriting." Sambora reveals the band was considering churning out a greatest hits album, but reports, "We started having so much fun making this record, that we decided we would do a studio album first. It sounds fresh - I think we reinvented ourselves again."

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 12:31:23 am »
Album is a grower. First few listens I hated it. Now I truly love it and it may be their best album of the 2000's

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 03:23:24 pm »
Kerrang gave it 2K's (out of 5), said its an improvement on the last album, but still has too many ballads, I think I'll skip this one to, I think the last album I liked top to bottom was These Days, an underated classic of theirs.

Offline timothy

• Matt Hardy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 03:11:17 am »
Kerrang can suck my dick.

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 08:06:10 am »
Honestly, The Circle is a very good Bon Jovi album. I love almost every song and i think We Weren't Born to Follow is one of the worst songs on it.

Check out:
When We Were Beautiful
Work For The Working Man
Superman Tonight
Thorn In my Side
Broken promiseland
Love's The Only Rule *My favorite*
Happy Now

Offline EricxGNRxSTARx

• nWo
  • Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 10:33:55 am »
I just busted out Keep The Faith for the first time in ages. So many great songs. Dry County,If I Was Your Mother,and my favorite song on the album I Want You.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 12:00:02 pm »
I don't go near their new stuff, but since you brought up that classic album, Dry County is one of the best songs of all time, and is one of those songs that makes you want to be a drummer to  :D

Offline Lineker10

• Dolph Ziggler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 06:31:04 pm »
The reason Bon Jovi have survived for so long is because a) they were always lighter, popier and more mainstream even back in the late 80's and b) since then Jon has gone the whole hog and turned the band into housewife rock ala Bryan Adams. Def Leppard did the same thing. 80's rock doesnt sell anymore - housewife rock does!
"Who are you to doubt El Dandy? This guy is a serious professional."