Author Topic: Jobs thread  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Izzy

• nWo
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Quick! To the bandwagon!
    • View Profile
Jobs thread
« on: July 30, 2009, 08:41:11 pm »
So, apart from posting on this forum, slating GNR and watching absurd amounts of wrestling - what do we do?

Me - i'm a 'Pensions Technician'

...and that is?

I do the 'techncial' stuff for pensions - which sadly, mostly consists of handling complaints and inept queries from people who have no idea how a pension works...

Its a heavily regulated and pretty complex field - so plenty of scope for people who actually know what they are doing (which isnt many...)

Do I like it?

Its a start - I'm blasting my way through exams to get into the financial advice sector - not to be an adviser but the techncial support for advisers, a 'paraplanner'. Always liked researching stuff and writing stuff - seems like a good destination

...oh, and a good paraplanner will take home £40,000 with the option to switch to a full blown adviser and triple that....

So what pays your way? (crime is NOT an occupation :hihi:)
A nobody's opinion on the world of cinema
http://whogoestheremovieops.wordpress.com/

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs thread
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 09:21:07 pm »
Fresh out of University I am unemployed.  For now.

I was mean't to have a job with Npower but that fell through because they suck.  I say fell through, I've decided against it, because they  :DX:

I've applied for 3 jobs at the council, benefits assessor, clerical assitant and something else (I forget), its a case of apply for most things, my sister works there and its a steady number, its a case of looking for things to earn money while I wait for a proper job that I like.

I'm also going to be doing some beginners private classes at my martial arts club.  I've people at my Gym asking for sessions with me, so I thought why not, but I need my CRB check to clear...

Offline Izzy

• nWo
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 09:49:29 pm »
but I need my CRB check to clear...

Doomed! They KNOW about THAT incident...

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 01:09:19 am »
I'm an unemployed student.

I'm about to start my 3rd year at Newcastle College in September, on the 2nd year of a Advanced Music course (I did a years Intermediate Music course before it). Its alright, most the time we just get to play and write songs but the theory side of it is a pain in the arse. (Talk about Diminished G minor 7th chords and what not!)

When the course finishes next year I have two options, either just leave and get a job or progress to Uni for a degree followed by another 3 year course which would make me a Doctor of Music! I could literally be called Dr. Rankin, but really I have no desire to go that far because the more theory based it gets the more it starts to suck your love of playing music. I'll probably progress enough so that I can become either a music teacher/tutor or a professional failed musician!
This post was brought to you by:

Harley Davidson

The only motorcycle worthy of being in the octagon!

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 06:50:29 am »
Final year of Physical Therapist Assistant school

I will get out in May making anywhere between 24 and 28 bucks an hour

Right now, I aint doing **** though
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline BlowUpYourVideo

• Global Moderator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Ready for a heavy dose of sidequest-ocity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 11:55:46 am »
I'll be going into second year at Napier University doing a Social Sciences course which involves.... various things.

I don't know what I'm going to be at the end of it but I will say that I am not going to become a social worker. In any way.

:DX:
"The lift doors are closing... leaving you trapped in an airless, windowless coffin, hurtling downwards at a hundred miles an hour."

Offline Jim

• nWo
  • Matt Hardy
  • Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 12:57:29 am »
I am now, and have been for the last few weeks, a philosophy graduate. So naturally I am unemployed.

Well, that said, I do work part-time at a cinema. It pays the rent...

... Actually, it doesn't.
There's a vintage thirst returning,
But I'm sheltered
by my
channel-surfing.

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 02:33:42 am »
Hot Damn, We got Jim over here!

This is what WCW must have felt like when they snagged Hulk Hogan!

welcome!

Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline Jim

• nWo
  • Matt Hardy
  • Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 11:26:35 pm »
Why thank you very much, for the welcome.

You understand, of course, that I was only sent over here by Jarmo to 'take care' of this place while it is in its infancy.
There's a vintage thirst returning,
But I'm sheltered
by my
channel-surfing.

Offline Izzy

• nWo
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 11:34:40 pm »
Why thank you very much, for the welcome.

You understand, of course, that I was only sent over here by Jarmo to 'take care' of this place while it is in its infancy.

The NWO moniker was a prophecy!

Just because ur not on HTGTH the same rules still apply here! All posts must end with Heil Axl and no matter what you say about Axl it wont be positive enough for us!

Slash sucks

Heil Axl!

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 10:36:53 am »
Poor old Jarmo. I think you guys are Harsh.

anyway back to the topic.

Basically i work for the largest non-Goverment examinations company in the world. We have offices in Boston, USA / Canberra, Australia as well as offices in Germany, Holland, Japan, China and soon to be India. So its intersting that now and again i get the chance to go to Boston.

Basically i'm part of an Exams Team that is responsible for over 20,000 exams a week in mainly project management. In fact i do all the bookings so as you can imagine i'm always busy and thats why i'm always on here at weekends coz i'm too bloody tired to go out that much.

Its not what i wanted to do and i've had more exciting jobs like Photographer and Music Producer's assistant and i've had worst jobs like working in Jessops and a Litigation assistant (which basically was taking peoples houses off them, Horrible!) but my Job now pays quite a bit more than those jobs and has an awesome bonus system. So i guess i'd say i'm satisfied with what i do as i'm trying to save up for a mortgage at the moment.
This is how it works, You're young until you're not
You love until you don't, You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry, You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe, Until their dying breath

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline timothy

• Matt Hardy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 05:49:33 am »

Right now, I aint doing **** though

Don't lie to the good people , sir.

Sucking dick at the local 7/11 is a job.

Offline Axl4Life

• Shawn Michaels
  • Staring At The Face of Adversity..
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 12:21:02 pm »
Studying Media & Journalism at college. Fairly handy as it's only 3 days a week. Currently working in Iceland.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 12:46:28 pm »
Studying Media & Journalism at college. Fairly handy as it's only 3 days a week.
The hilarious thing of most college and university courses, they could be done in half the time if they actually had you come in on a regular basis.  The money grabbing mofos!  More years, more student tuition fees!

Offline More Cowbell

• Shawn Michaels
  • First Powerslam/ WWE Game grand slam champion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 04:28:11 pm »
I'm an Inventory Auditor for a membership retail company so besides accounting for product and trying to kill the boredom each day I dont do much, but they pay me 48k plus benefits sso I aint going to complain, then as a second job my business partner and myself by houses and fix them up and rent them out. We are on our 3rd duplex so it keeps me pretty busy and why most of the time I view this site on my verizon phone.
1st Fan in Fanclub of Hammy don't repeat as world champion. You can do it GNR Fan