Author Topic: UFC Thread  (Read 9691 times)

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
Re: UFC Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2009, 05:50:31 pm »
Mir looks the greatest he has ever looked........ Mir can always pull off a sub, but let's be honest, I am a huge Mir fan but Brock gift wrapped him a win in their first fight. I see Brock winning this fight, TKO round 2

GSP will win a 5 round UD over Alves. GSP is the greatest wrestler in MMA and Alves has suspect conditioning and I look for GSP to just GNP his way to a decision.

I am going to pick Bisping to upset Henderson. Henderson looked slow and bad against Franklin and I personally thought Rich won that fight.
I think Bisping will stay away and win a Split Decision.
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2009, 06:42:46 pm »
Winner!

:D  He looks in the best shape he has in like forever, he really is taking this seriously

Looking at the picture, he may of had 20lbs on him at the weigh-in and come fight time he will have even more but there doesn't look to be a massive difference in size.

I really want Mir to win but Lesnar is a beast does he have a good chin, nobody has properly tested it and you cannot make him superb at submission defences in such a short space of time, Mir is on another level in that department.

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2009, 07:16:05 pm »
Reportedly Brock has quit lifting weights and he doesn't look as big, but I bet it will help his cardio not having all those muscles to fuel with oxygen.
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2009, 07:22:04 pm »
Reportedly Brock has quit lifting weights and he doesn't look as big, but I bet it will help his cardio not having all those muscles to fuel with oxygen.
Aye he is super fast but we don't know how great his cardio is Herring was out of it and he just layed on him, but even with an improved Mir, Brock will have better cardio...

...dude moves like a 155 guy.

I know where your coming from Gnrfan, the ground game can be frustrating if you've never trained it or seen much.  Thats why the fans often boo, a lot is they don't understand and get frustrated, the other is from many places in the card the view will suck anyway.  Training myself, I understand and appreciate it, heck I prefer it to stand-up.

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2009, 08:27:29 pm »
There are different ground games

I've been watching this **** for 16 years and there is nothing worse than a Lay N Pray Wrestler who just holds their opponent down doing limited damage the entire time. That absolutely SUCKS.

BJJ guys though using their technique and skill however is art.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2009, 09:06:22 pm »

I've been watching this **** for 16 years and there is nothing worse than a Lay N Pray Wrestler who just holds their opponent down doing limited damage the entire time. That absolutely SUCKS.

BJJ guys though using their technique and skill however is art.
Exactly, there are times when I HATE wrestlers.

Then you get someone like Jon Jones (who is on the prelims) who breaks out suplexes like he was a WWE star, he fight with Bonnar is well worth watching, he should have no problem with Jake O'Brien tonight, he'll throw in some of his funky kicks and dlying backfists for good measure too  ;D

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2009, 09:53:02 pm »

Basically your just describing the ultimate bore that is Matt Hughes.
This post was brought to you by:

Harley Davidson

The only motorcycle worthy of being in the octagon!

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2009, 09:58:38 pm »

Well he's faced many guys in his career who have got good fights out of him, he has had many a classic, I'd say Henderson is more of a bore barring the odd exception (i.e. vs. Wanderlai)

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2009, 11:12:22 pm »

Well he's faced many guys in his career who have got good fights out of him, he has had many a classic, I'd say Henderson is more of a bore barring the odd exception (i.e. vs. Wanderlai)

True but come on did you see the Serra fight?  :D

Harley Davidson

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2009, 12:06:13 am »

True but come on did you see the Serra fight?  :D
Well yeah, it was fun when Serra did stuff though  ;D His match winning mentality sucks but he still has a good number of entertaining fights.

Anyway on to tonight I don't know who to pick, all I can say is who i WANT to win:

Mir
Alves
Bisping
Akiyama
Fitch
Coleman

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2009, 07:35:02 am »
I think Gregory 'Hurricane' Helms said it best just now on his Twitter:

"Mir, what do you think of Pro Wrestlers now after getting your ass handed to you and getting beat in a completely one-sided fight!"

So glad to see Lesnar win, I've kind of turned against Mir since watching and reading alot of interviews where he basically puts down Brock and everything that Brock has achieved which made him look a right prat. So I was very happy to watch this fight.

Brock has just improved so much since the first fight, great ground work. I loved that neck crank hold and just the total control over Mir's hands which just made it a white wash.

While Brock may have been "disrespectful" afterwards, he has ever right to after all the **** Mir talked afterall as Brock said "Respect doesn't win you fights". Gotta say he was ripping it up and loving it as mega-heel there and boy if only his promos were that good and funny in WWE . :P

Also gotta mention how much of a prick Henderson is, never liked the guy and tonight showed why. He had Bisping beat all day and all night, hit the knockout punch and then afterwards landed another flying punch which was just uncalled for. He said in the interview with Joe Rogan that he knew he was KO'ed as soon as he hit that first punch and that the second was for revenge....Revenge for what? For Bisping actually bothering to sell the fight to the public, For Bisping actually caring about his coaching on TUF9. Its stuff like that which annoys me, why hit a potentially deadly punch when it is not needed at all. He could have seriously hurt Bisping (we all saw how long Bisping was out for) yet all he cares about is that Bisping said he would beat him. You know I actually don't like Anderson Silva yet I'm going to be his biggest fan for that fight, can't wait to see Henderson get KTFO yet again.

Also, Alan Belcher was **** ROBBED!!!! The Judging was dreadful especially for the biggest show in UFC history, I mean one judge scored it 30-27? Belcher IMO won 2 & 3 and obviously everyone else bar the judges thought so. The Commisions really need to train all judges to a higher standard.

Harley Davidson

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2009, 10:04:51 am »
Does anyone know a place where i can get the Lesnar vs Mir fight to download. Everything i find so far needs registration and i'd really like to see the fight and Lesnar after the fight coz alot of people have been saying he acted like a dick and seem to be blaming his WWE mind set ... which i find hilarious.
This is how it works, You're young until you're not
You love until you don't, You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry, You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe, Until their dying breath

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2009, 10:54:19 am »
The whole show is being replayed on UFC.com for 24 hours.

http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=misc.ComPlayeruk Skip it to around 2hours 30mins for Lesnar/Mir.

Harley Davidson

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2009, 12:06:03 pm »
Is it me or did Brock Lesnar just give one of the best heel wrestling promos ever?

Telling the fans to keep booing.

"I took the horseshoe from his arse and beat him with it"

"Bud Light won't pay me" - Did you see how awkward the interview guy looked at that moment.

"I'm might even get on my wife tonight" hahaha

I'd have loved to see what Dana Said to him

The only problem is that he aint in WWE anymore.... Man the fans will love it if he gets beat.

who will he fight next?

I just watched the post match press conference and it was so funny. Brock said about 10 times i'm drinking Bud Light all night and GSP telling his trainer i pulled my abductor and his trainer saying "I DON'T CARE, HIT HIM WITH IT" haha

« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 12:14:53 pm by Gnrfan »
This is how it works, You're young until you're not
You love until you don't, You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry, You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe, Until their dying breath

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2009, 12:21:15 pm »
Yeah the press conference is good, gets a bit boring once Lesnar & GSP leave. I just think everyone is blowing Lesnar's reactions up too much, its not exactly like it was the worst anyone has celebrated or been interviewed. E.g. BJ Penn licking Joe Stevenson's blood ect. A lot of people just choose to **** on him cause of his past which if they can't get over by now is pretty sad.

Harley Davidson