Author Topic: UFC Thread  (Read 9690 times)

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
Re: UFC Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 03:33:54 pm »
After his last performance, i was hoping to never have to see him in the UFC again.

sends a bad message to the other fighters when u let a guy **** u over and then just waltz back in.
Aye I'd say that "if" they were feeding him someone, but they are not, this will be tough for him, I think he is going to lose.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 03:35:28 pm »
Can't wait for this ppv. should be a awesome night of fights.

Hell yeah, I am excited as ****

did u see the Countdown to 100 show? Makes me want to see this even more

My only problem is, I love Brock and Mir about equally. Would be like watching Slash and Axl fight.....

i don't get much enjoyment either way.
That Countdown show was probably the best one I have ever seen.  Mir vs. Lesnar build-up was hilarious and intense.  Brock smashing a door, Mir getting someone to dress up like Brock was funny as, its going to be awesome, I really hope Mir wins.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 03:37:07 pm »
So far I have seen 100-51.  And while there have been some superb fights there are way too many classic knockouts in there that were just that, classic knockouts, not classic fights.  I mean how can Silva vs. Leben be higher up than Griffin vs. Edgar??

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 03:38:31 pm »
Not a huge fan of this countdown

was Wanderlei/Jardine a great fight? LOL or Rampage/Liddell?
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 03:42:15 pm »
They should of devised some way to stop this, like an fight under 3 minutes doesn't count.  I say that because some fights have gone 3-4 minutes and had so much back and forth quality action, despite being relatively short they do deserve including.

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 09:47:30 pm »

My only problem is, I love Brock and Mir about equally. Would be like watching Slash and Axl fight.....

That Countdown show was probably the best one I have ever seen.  Mir vs. Lesnar build-up was hilarious and intense.  Brock smashing a door, Mir getting someone to dress up like Brock was funny as, its going to be awesome, I really hope Mir wins.

Definately, brilliant Countdown show.

Although I really like Mir, I really can't ever go against Lesnar. I'm just glad Herb Dean is reffing it, atleast there'll be no excuses.

National pride is gonna play a big factor for me. I really hope Bisping KO's Henderson, I know most hate Bisping but hell he's just selling the fight, I've just never really gotten into Henderson not even in Pride.

I think Alves could shock everyone, GSP has been hurt by far weaker strikers and this is going to make it a very interesting fight.

I don't know about you guys but I'm making a night out of it! Friends coming over, lots of drinks & plenty of pre-show UFC Undisputed gaming!

p.s If you guys fancy a gamble on it heres the best place to:
http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_sports_level1&category=SPORTS&ev_class_id=172
This post was brought to you by:

Harley Davidson

The only motorcycle worthy of being in the octagon!

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 09:49:51 pm »
The only thing of value he adds to the UFC is that hes a pretty big draw in Europe (not UK), other than that he's just not the same as he once was which wasn't anything awe-inspiring anyway.

Harley Davidson

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 10:27:42 pm »

Definately, brilliant Countdown show.

Although I really like Mir, I really can't ever go against Lesnar. I'm just glad Herb Dean is reffing it, atleast there'll be no excuses.

National pride is gonna play a big factor for me. I really hope Bisping KO's Henderson, I know most hate Bisping but hell he's just selling the fight, I've just never really gotten into Henderson not even in Pride.

I think Alves could shock everyone, GSP has been hurt by far weaker strikers and this is going to make it a very interesting fight.

I don't know about you guys but I'm making a night out of it! Friends coming over, lots of drinks & plenty of pre-show UFC Undisputed gaming!

p.s If you guys fancy a gamble on it heres the best place to:
http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_sports_level1&category=SPORTS&ev_class_id=172
I think I once read out of top level fighters/champions nobody has gone to more decisions than Henderson, but then he knocked out Wanderlai Silva in a classic at Pride 33 (One of the last shows they had and my all time favourite that could was superb!).  I hope Bisping knocks him out, I thought it was hilarious when he said "He won't take me down" haha.  Can but hope.

Herb Dean has a dodgy track record, only referee I trust is Big John who hasn't come back to the UFC referee arena yet :(

Mir by however he wants so I can walk out all week wearing my Frank Mir T-Shirt with pride.

I won't be catching it live, I mean 3-6 in the morning, that just fucks up my training routine, I'll get up, down the Gym and catch it Sunday afternoon/evening.

Strange how UFC has just bought "9 hours" on channel 433....the Racing Channel?  Although I'll of seen the other 6 hours of stuff, Countdown show and the 100 Greatest Fights which I download.  One person suggested over at Sherdog they have done this because Virgin, Sky Sports, ESPN and Bravo knowing its short notice and they need a channel will have been trying to undercut them thinking they can get them on the cheap.

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 03:31:20 pm »
Dude, aren't u afraid someone at the gym will spoil it for u?

I am on an awesome schedule now where i go to bed about 8pm and am up at 4am every morning so i can go work out early, plus it makes me feel so much better.

so I am gonna watch it as soon as I wake up at 4am then go to the gym.
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 03:37:31 pm »
Dude, aren't u afraid someone at the gym will spoil it for u?

I am on an awesome schedule now where i go to bed about 8pm and am up at 4am every morning so i can go work out early, plus it makes me feel so much better.

so I am gonna watch it as soon as I wake up at 4am then go to the gym.
Nah, the guys at my gym don't watch it most there still think of MMA like people did 10 years since, for the "Fastest growing sport" on the sale of things, over here at least its still fairly minor.

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 06:48:27 pm »
My schedule is pretty odd at the minute I change it up when a UFC PPV is on. Usually wake up between 2-5pm, watch the show live 3-6am here, then head right out and jog to the gym (30 mins distance), work out for about 2-3 hours then jog a different way back and cool down then sleep for a few hours and get back into the normal cycle.

Harley Davidson

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 09:24:46 pm »
My schedule is pretty odd at the minute I change it up when a UFC PPV is on. Usually wake up between 2-5pm, watch the show live 3-6am here, then head right out and jog to the gym (30 mins distance), work out for about 2-3 hours then jog a different way back and cool down then sleep for a few hours and get back into the normal cycle.
That's a weird schedule to bang in there, I'd find it hard to adjust back.  It's different with WWE, 1-4 I can get away with because I step up til 2ish normally anyway.  Also my Dad is a big fan of MMA, which watch it all together he drives me to comps and such, so I like watching it with him anyway, wouldn't be the same if I'd already seen it once and he'd call you damn skippy if you suggested to him staying up 'til that hour.

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 11:31:20 pm »
That's a weird schedule to bang in there, I'd find it hard to adjust back.

I'm just used to strange sleep patterns so it's pretty easy to switch around, I only usually get around 5 hours sleep a night for one reason or another.

Harley Davidson

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2009, 02:03:12 pm »
Mir looked INCREDIBLE at the weigh ins

some of my friends run an MMA news site.

www.demandmma.com

they compile everything from youtube,ESPN etc and put it nice and neat so it is easy to find.

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2009, 05:30:10 pm »
I'm not a massive MMA fan. I tried to get into it and it seems to me that alot of it is two guys hugging on the floor. Don't get me wrong i understand that these guys are hard and super talented fighters its just not for me.

However i have really been looking forward to this card. Like D said its a bit like the WM of MMA.

So who gonna win?

I think that Mir might submit Lesnar again. I know the general opinion is that Lesnar is favourite but i think that Mir has had a look at Lesnar now (more than last time they fought) and will know what to expect. Lesnar is a beast there is no doubting that but i can just see Mir sucking it up and getting (and taking) a small opening. I think Dana White is hoping that Lesnar wins as i believe Lesnar brings a new audience to MMA.

I think GSP might struggle too. I watched the Alves vs Hughes fight and man did he do a number on Hughes so who knows.

The problem is i make these assumption while not understanding the sport so if i'm wrong please let me know.
This is how it works, You're young until you're not
You love until you don't, You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry, You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe, Until their dying breath

"Give Youth A Chance"