Author Topic: TNA PPV  (Read 5894 times)

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
Re: TNA PPV
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 03:24:05 am »
Joe nails a big kick in the corner on Sting and rocks him with forearm shots from the side. Joe takes Sting to the mat and applies a headlock. Joe with a headbutt and more rights and chops into the corner. More rights and chops by Joe as Sting goes down in the corner. Joe takes Sting back to the mat with another headlock. Sting gets to his feet and fights out of it. Joe catches him with a power slam and a 2 count.

Joe with right hands on the ropes now. Sting no sells them and yells in Joe's face. Sting comes back with big right hands but gets caught in a sleeper hold by Joe. Sting backdrops him and breaks the hold. They go back and forth until Sting clotheslines Joe but not enough for the pinfall. Sting kicks Joe in the gut and drops him for another 2 count. Sting almost climbs to the top but comes back in. Sting goes for the Scorpion Death Lock and locks it. Music starts playing and out comes Taz!

Taz walks to ringside in a suit. The hold is broken and Joe and Sting go at it again. Sting drops Joe with an elbow. Sting goes to the top with a clothesline and a 2 count on Joe. Taz yells at Joe. Sting goes back to the top and Joe knocks him off. Joe goes for the Muscle Buster but Sting fights off. Joe locks on the rear naked choke as the referee checks on Sting and Taz watches from ringside. Sting taps out to give Joe the win.

Winner: Samoa Joe

- After the match, Taz enters the ring and acknowledges Joe. That's about it for Taz's debut. Seems like they would booked it to seem more significant. Taz heads back up the ramp and to the back to a mixed reaction from the crowd.

Mike Tenay and Don West lead us into a video showing TNA's newest talent signed, Bobby Lashley. They show Lashley on ESPN Radio last week talking about joining TNA and wanting to fight Brock Lesnar.

- Mick Foley is backstage with Jeremy Borash. Foley says he's watched everyone be dominant tonight. He says it's main event time but he doesn't match up too well with Kurt Angle. Foley talks about dropping the elbow on Kurt Angle at Slammiversary and says if he can do that tonight, Angle will be done. Foley says he dislikes Angle as a person but respects his ability. Foley cuts a great promo on Angle. Foley says he will be the next TNA Champion unless Angle can find a way to beat him.

Main Event: TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Kurt Angle (c) vs. Mick Foley

Mike Tenay does the Tale of the Tape for tonight's main event. Out first is the challenger, Mick Foley. The TNA World Champion Kurt Angle is out next. Jeremy Borash is in the ring doing the usual cheesy formal introductions that he does. Foley gets a good pop while Angle gets mostly boo'd.

The match staerts and they lock up. Foley backs Angle into the corner but backs off him. They lock up again and Angle applies a side headlock. Foley drops Angle with a knee and Angle goes to the floor to regroup. They lock up again and Foley beats Angle down to the mat and applies a face lock. Angle makes it to the ropes and breaks the hold. Angle goes back to the floor to regroup again. Back in the ring and Angle goes to work on Foley's arm. Foley reverses it and takes Angle to the corner. Foley with right hands in the corner.

Foley locks on an armbar but Angle gets to the ropes again and breaks the hold. Angle goes back to the floor to regroup but Foley comes after him. Foley slams Angle into the fan barrier and keeps in control. Angle tries to come back in the ring but Foley leg drops him, sending him back to the floor. Angle tries to come in again but Foley snaps Angle's throat on the ropes. Angle lands on the apron. Foley suplexes Angle back in the ring. 2 count by Foley. Angle rakes the eyes of Foley and nails some right hands. Angle chokes Foley with the ropes now. Angle with a headlock now until he gets knocked back over to the floor.

Foley tries a piledriver on the floor but Angle backdrops him into the steel steps. Angle kicks Foley's head into the steps a few times and gets back in the ring to break the count. Angle brings Foley back in and stomps away on his knee. Angle works over Foley in the corner now and slams him to the mat by his head. More kicks to the gut by Angle. More right hands by Angle. Foley takes Angle down with another armbar. Kurt counters with the Ankle Lock on Foley. Foley rolls out of it and sends Angle to the mat. Angle with a clothesline and a 2 count.

Angle goes for a moonsault from up top but misses it. Foley nails a double arm DDT for a 2 count. Foley pulls out his Socko. Angle ducks the Mandible Claw and Foley gets shoved into the referee. Angle hits the Angle Slam and covers for a close 2 count. Angle drops an elbow on the back of the referee and limps out to the floor to bring in a steel chair. Foley blocks the chair and applies the Mandible Claw. Foley throws Angle to the floor and drops an elbow drop from the apron. Foley brings Angle in the ring and wakes the ref up. Foley covers Angle for a close 2 count.

Foley locks on a body scissors and the Claw at the same time on Angle. The referee begins to raise and drop Angle's arm but he hangs on and is still in it. Angle fights out of it and mounts Foley with right hands. Angle locks on his Ankle Lock as Foley looks for the ropes. Foley makes it to the ropes and the hold is broken. Angle drags him back and locks on the Ankle Lock again with a scissors on the leg. Foley taps out.

Winner: Kurt Angle

- After the match, TNA Legends Champion Kevin Nash, Tag Team Champions Booker T & Scott Steiner, Samoa Joe and Taz walk down to the ring to celebrate with Angle. The Main Event Mafia stand tall in the ring while Foley is still down. Taz and Joe raise Angle's arms. Angle grabs Foley's sock and spits on it. We go to replays of all tonight's matches with The Mafia celebrating in the ring. Victory Road goes off the air with Don West saying Bobby Lashley will officially join the Mafia on iMPACT this week.

credit: TSC Match 1-3, wrestling-edge.com Match 4 onwards.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 04:03:54 am by Hammy »

Offline Evolution

• Global Moderator
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Follow The Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 03:14:12 pm »

TNA World Title Match
Kurt Angle vs. Matt Morgan vs. Sting

TNA X Division Title Match
Homicide vs. Samoa Joe

TNA Legends Title Match
Mick Foley vs. Kevin Nash

TNA Tag Team Title Match
Booker T & Scott Steiner vs. Team 3D

TNA Knockouts Title Match
Angelina Love vs. ODB

Steel Asylum Match
Suicide vs. Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelley vs. Amazing Red vs. Jay Lethal vs. Creed vs. Daniels

IWGP Tag Team Title Match
The British Invasion vs. Beer Money

Match for the World Title Shot Briefcase
Hernandez vs. Big Rob Terry

Bounty Match
Abyss vs. Jethro Holliday

* The TNA debut of former WWE star Elijah Burke as “The Pope” D’Angelo Dinero.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 02:48:33 pm by Hammy »
http://wwfmatchgraphics.tumblr.com/

Your Tumblr home for Attitude era Match Graphics!

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 03:25:09 pm »
So this is the one event where every match is contest under "**** Rules".

I'm guessing after the dominance at the weekend this will be the event when the babyfaces get "some" retribution.

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 04:09:21 am »
-- The latest issue of the Pro Wrestling Torch is reporting that last month's TNA pay-per-view, Slammiversary, was only ordered by 7,000 people. While the number has not been confirmed, the Torch is reporting that there are reports floating around saying Slammiversary drew that particular number.

If the report is indeed true, the low-end fraction of TNA's viewership that purchased last month's pay-per-view would be 1 in 214 Impact viewers as the show typically draws over 1.5 million viewers on a weekly basis.

The show was headlined by Kurt Angle vs. Mick Foley vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. AJ Styles vs.Samoa Joe in a King of the Mountain match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. (source: www.pwtorch.com)
This post was brought to you by:

Harley Davidson

The only motorcycle worthy of being in the octagon!

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 08:22:35 am »
Holy ****

only 7k buys?

I was one of those buys!
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline Izzy

• nWo
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Quick! To the bandwagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 08:35:58 pm »
Predicted it again, I'm good at this
A nobody's opinion on the world of cinema
http://whogoestheremovieops.wordpress.com/

Offline Izzy

• nWo
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 08:39:04 pm »
But why would u by a ppv? I wouldn't, why? Because ppv is an absurd idea, always has been. Just have ur ppv as a 3 hr tv special

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 12:44:04 am »
Predicted it again, I'm good at this
Indeed, considering most wrestling websites have news saying what will happen due to "inside" sources if we ever do that, you could just do it, you'd be more accurate than most of these sites anyway  ;)

And on the occasions you are wrong, do what the dirtsheets do: Plans changed at the last minute, or the classic Vince is so angry and forever changing his mind at the last minute he changed ALL the planned finishes  :hihi:

Offline slashsfro

• Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 07:18:42 am »
Dumb question:  Slammiversary is one of their major PPV right?  If true, that is an awful number and a sign that they really need to change something.  Otherwise we might be heading down the demise of TNA road.

Offline Izzy

• nWo
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 06:18:00 pm »
So this is the one event where every match is contest under "**** Rules".

I'm guessing after the dominance at the weekend this will be the event when the babyfaces get "some" retribution.

I'd have thought we'll see Lashley's first TNA title - Legends i'd suspect

I do like the Steel Asylum match - its new, not just a cage match or a HIAC rip off, the frequent 'towers of doom' are always a laugh too

Offline EricxGNRxSTARx

• Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 11:34:38 pm »
Here is me with the TNA title, my friend,Dixie Carter and my TAZ sign from Lockdown (yes, we thought Taz might get out of his 90 day clause and show up at Lockdown)I'm the one with the GNR hat (duh)

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 11:38:27 pm »
^ That's a great picture dude, you really do get to meet all the wrestling stars, I remember your picks over at Hell with HBK and other WWE guys.

Offline EricxGNRxSTARx

• Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2009, 11:40:53 pm »
Thanks,Dixie's hot, don't ya think? We do the http://www.mondaynightmayhem.com show and through that we have made a lot of contacts.A lot of times, meeting the wrestlers is just pure luck,or in my case knowing hot girls who know where the wrestlers are,
I just looked at the pic again and it's cool how you can see the Lockdown,six sides of steel and the Lockdown screen in the back by the ramp. Dixie must have met hundreds of fans that night while waiting for the show to start. Now I understand Vince couldn't really walk out in a 20,000 seat arena and do this before a PPV but Dixie seems really nice.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 11:43:01 pm by EricxGNRxSTARx »

Offline Izzy

• nWo
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 05:44:40 pm »
So lucky, not the meeting part but the hot women part... ;D

Dixie is fine, saw her at the London TNA show, though not from as close!

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 07:39:06 pm »
Dixie definately looks like a woman who would show you a thing or two.  :P

Kudos on the pic.
This post was brought to you by:

Harley Davidson

The only motorcycle worthy of being in the octagon!