Author Topic: Fave NFL Team?  (Read 828 times)

Offline xwadigg

• Koko B. Ware
    • View Profile
    • XWA Universe
Fave NFL Team?
« on: July 25, 2009, 06:18:59 pm »
?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline More Cowbell

• Shawn Michaels
  • First Powerslam/ WWE Game grand slam champion.
    • View Profile
Re: Fave NFL Team?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 04:53:47 am »
Let cowbell start this catergory out.

I am from GR Michigan so sad to say I am a born detroit lions fan.  I have spent 100s if not over.a thousand dollars to see them 8 times in the last few years and nothing.

They are owned by the ford family so its a hobby for them and they never get free agents so they are never in contention.

Yes I know they were 0 -  16 last year and its all the coaches fault he didn't have the passion to win and if u seen their lastgame of the season u could tell he didn't want to win.
They wasted the career of the best running back of all time in Barry Sanders.

Its all going to change this year the lions are going to win 6 games 6 and 10 no playoffs or anything but atleast 6 wins.  You heard it here first
1st Fan in Fanclub of Hammy don't repeat as world champion. You can do it GNR Fan

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 08:34:54 pm »
Dallas Cowboy fan since 1984

Detroit sucks cause of their former GM Matt Millen picking **** players and doing nothing in Free Agency

WR's don't win in the NFL and picking WR's in the first round for however many straight years was just retarded.
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline xwadigg

• Koko B. Ware
    • View Profile
    • XWA Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 12:19:32 am »
Eagles and Panthers

Offline James Lofton

• Matt Hardy
  • You want a Dusty finish?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 06:08:07 am »
They wasted the career of the best running back of all time in Barry Sanders.
I never understood why he didn't demand a trade in his second year, and threaten retirement(and follow through) if his trade demands weren't met. It was obvious by his second year how his career was going to play out. Hell, that Lions run in 92 was a total fluke.

Even from Detroit's side of the fence, a trade made perfect sense. In the late 80s, they could have got ANYBODY for him. Detroit could have either pulled off a Hershel Walker/Cowboys style trade, or went to a SB contender like the 49ers and made an attempt to acquire Young.

Instead, they decide to do nothing and wallow in mediocrity to this very day.
I have wined and dined with kings and queens, and I've slept in alleys and dined on pork and beans.

Offline More Cowbell

• Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 02:55:39 am »
Problem with detroit is the owners.  We are owed by the ford family andthe lions is like a hobby for them and they keep their friends around.  Hell after finally firing millen they replaced him by promoting the two guys underneath him.  Teams like oakland with al davis or cowboys with jerry jones their teams are their only business and they focus on it 100 perecent the lions are just a hobby.
1st Fan in Fanclub of Hammy don't repeat as world champion. You can do it GNR Fan

Offline slashsfro

• Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 04:13:27 am »
Favorite team: Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans
Even from Detroit's side of the fence, a trade made perfect sense. In the late 80s, they could have got ANYBODY for him. Detroit could have either pulled off a Hershel Walker/Cowboys style trade, or went to a SB contender like the 49ers and made an attempt to acquire Young.

Instead, they decide to do nothing and wallow in mediocrity to this very day.

I might be wrong about this but didn't they suffer through a long playoff drought prior to Sanders's arrival in 1989.  They made the playoffs several times in the early to mid nineties and therefore thought that they were a contending team.  They usually went one and done though.  Unfortunately for them, as the years went on, he was the only reason to watch that team.  He was also closing in on the most rushing yards record and hit 2,000 yds in 1997.  I'm not sure they wanted to take the pr hit.  The 1991-1992 season was the worse thing that happened to them as they weren't a serious Super Bowl contender.  The 49ers, Cowboys, Giants, and the up and coming Packers were clearly better than them.

Problem with detroit is the owners.  We are owed by the ford family andthe lions is like a hobby for them and they keep their friends around.  Hell after finally firing millen they replaced him by promoting the two guys underneath him.  Teams like oakland with al davis or cowboys with jerry jones their teams are their only business and they focus on it 100 perecent the lions are just a hobby.

Agreed but the Ford family could have hired a better GM and still stayed hands off.  At least their new head coach seems bright and intelligent.  I think they'll win at least two games this year.  I root for the Pirates(different sport) and I know how you feel but I think things are slowly headed upward.  Hang in there man.

Offline EricxGNRxSTARx

• Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 06:38:56 am »
Buffalo Bills fan since 88. I was kinda young to appreciate 4 Superbowls in a row but that was a great time. Anyway, this won't be a boring season. we got T.O.!

Offline More Cowbell

• Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 11:31:51 pm »
Buffalo Bills fan since 88. I was kinda young to appreciate 4 Superbowls in a row but that was a great time. Anyway, this won't be a boring season. we got T.O.!

Cool I have many friends from there that are fans, but none of them like Scott Norwood, do u?

Offline EricxGNRxSTARx

• Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 11:33:56 pm »
The game should have never come down to Norwood. I guess he has been the butt of a lot of jokes over the years. Who knows how the Bills would have done the next few years if that kick wasn't wide right.

Offline More Cowbell

• Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 11:57:13 pm »
Yeah I still call one of my buddies and play the bills radio address annoucer yelling wide right just ot **** him off, I feel bad, You had just a stacked team with Kelly, Thomas, and company who put on two ass whooping clinics to get to the superbowl including a 55-3 game if I remember correctly, It would of been nice to call that great team World Champions atleast once,

Offline James Lofton

• Matt Hardy
  • You want a Dusty finish?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 10:07:16 am »
I would rank that Bills team as the third greatest team of all time, right behind the 85 Bears and 88 49ers. A tragedy that they didn't win that game. It was basically an all star team, and that Dallas blowout in 93 was even more mind boggling. I knew then that even if they went to ten straight Super Bowls, they were never gonna win.
I have wined and dined with kings and queens, and I've slept in alleys and dined on pork and beans.

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 11:07:01 am »
I would rank that Bills team as the third greatest team of all time, right behind the 85 Bears and 88 49ers. A tragedy that they didn't win that game. It was basically an all star team, and that Dallas blowout in 93 was even more mind boggling. I knew then that even if they went to ten straight Super Bowls, they were never gonna win.

72 Dolphins, ,93 Cowboys,
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 10:51:51 am »
I was brought up loving the 49'ers so i guess they are my team although of all the US main sports this is one i think is a little boring. So stop start and despite the players being great athletes i don't understand why they wear so many pads..... it would be more fun and brutal without them.

NFL seems quite like Rugby League aside from the passing forward bit and i understand that its and extremly tactical game but Rugby League has massive, brusing hits as where NFL has big hits but its like being wrapped in bubble wrap. Real men don't need pads and thats why i'd prefer to play NFL haha. However having said all this i do concede i know little to nothing about NFL.

Still i do love the crazy hype around the Superbowl and often catch that with my mates
This is how it works, You're young until you're not
You love until you don't, You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry, You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe, Until their dying breath

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline MsZigzag

• Koko B. Ware
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 10:13:22 pm »
haha T.O. i'm glad he's leaving Buffalo. i'm getting tired of hearing bout him
but i heard it was made official i believe last month