Author Topic: Football Thread (Soccer to the American fan...)  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Izzy

• nWo
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Quick! To the bandwagon!
    • View Profile
Re: Football Thread (Soccer to the American fan...)
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2009, 09:29:16 pm »
Chelsea banned from signing any new players until 2011  :rofl:

Could really slow them down - aging squad and all

I suspect FIFA will back down
A nobody's opinion on the world of cinema
http://whogoestheremovieops.wordpress.com/

Offline Rankin

• Shawn Michaels
  • aka Slash666
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2009, 11:58:34 pm »
So Hammy, Tomorrow its my hometown (Sunderland) vs your hometown (Burnley). Not gonna lie, I think it'll be a tough game but I feel we can win it. If we do win, then we have got a very win-able home game against Wolves next week and if we win these two games we'll very likely be in the top 4!  :partytime:
This post was brought to you by:

Harley Davidson

The only motorcycle worthy of being in the octagon!

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2009, 12:57:30 am »
I predict a draw.  Early kick off right?  Should be able to see it before training pretty sure I saw it advertised on Sky.

Can't believe Newcastle lost to Blackpool mid week, I knew the undefeated streak would end sometime...but...Blackpool  :-X

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 05:04:08 pm »
Good result for Burnley and Newcastle at the weekend, both went out of the League Cup but bah, who cares, it was Newcastle Reserves and considering what the first time is like...   :hihi:

I notice Sol Campbell quit Notts County after 1 match, ha!  He should have joined us.

Good to see we have a striker on board, things are dismal up front with Ameobi injured...

Newcastle United have agreed a three month loan deal for Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood, BBC Newcastle reports.

The 30-year-old is set to join the Magpies squad for the trip to Ipswich Town in the Championship on Saturday.

Villa signed Harewood from West Ham United for £4m in July 2007, but he has made just one league start for Martin O'Neill's side in that time.

Harewood's last appearance for the West Midlands club came against CSKA Moscow in February's Uefa Cup tie.

His first-team opportunities have been limited as a result of the impressive form of England duo Gabriel Agbonlahor and Emile Heskey.

He is also behind Norway international John Carew in the pecking order, while Villa have also benefitted from the emergence of such talent as Nathan Delfouneso.

606: DEBATE
Can Harewood lift the Magpies? 
It was with Nottingham Forest that Harewood first made his mark, progressing through the club's academy ranks and making his debut in May 1998 against West Bromwich Albion as the club won the First Division championship.

His time with the Garibaldi yielded 181 league appearances and 51 goals, before West Ham United swooped to sign the striker for £500,000 in November 2003 after he had rejected a contract offer from the East Midlands club.

He won promotion to the Premier League with the Hammers at the second attempt, having reached two play-off finals in two years, and then helped the Hammers to an FA Cup final against Liverpool in 2006, scoring a semi-final winner against Uefa Cup finalists Middlesbrough at Villa Park.

Harewood scored six goals in his opening season at Villa Park but has struggled to make his mark since then.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2009, 07:33:25 pm »
Top of the league!

Its testament to the poor quality of The Championship this season that we can be 1st, I mean really, on the whole the team is still pretty naff!

And well done to Burnley to, they should avoid relegation.

Then next season I can go and watch Newcastle @ Burnley!