Author Topic: The Rock/John Cena Feud  (Read 2881 times)

Offline Sober_Times

• Dolph Ziggler
  • The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon
    • View Profile
Re: The Rock/John Cena Feud
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 03:40:03 am »
LOL@ Crybaby WWE losers.

IF it wasn't for The Rock.... Ted Turner would be signing your paychecks.

Show some respect.

Rock has a pass anytime he wants to come on WWE TV. He put in his time and elevated WWE to heights no one other than Hogan and Stone Cold have.

Hate whiny ass diva scrub wrestlers.

Its like leaving wreslting to make millions making movies is a bad thing. I dont blame him for doing it all, as a fan. I can see some wrestlers being upset that their losing a spot at wrestlemania but come on keep that **** to yourself. If you dont like your spot, work your ass off to get a better one. The rock is one of the biggest stars in wrestling history and earned his pass.

There was a report saying the biggest difference in wwe today and wwe in 2000 and early 2000's was the mid card guys worked their asses off back than trying to get a better spot. Guys like the hardy's, jericho, Edge and Christian, angle, eddie, rey and many more. The guys today dont have that drive, at least it looks that way. Half the time it feels alot of guys are just going through the motions. :smoking:
Johnny Nitro or John Morrison or whatever name he wants to go by SUCKS!

I am in favor of CENA FREE WRESTLING!!

I miss HBK and Edge!

Thats it thats all I have to say...Because I'm Sober_Times, And I'm awweeesoomee!

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 02:46:12 am »
Funny thing is.. Rock being on the card will raise PPV buys which will put more money in everybody on the card's pocket.

Rock is smart.

make 5 million per movie.. or risk permanent damage/life long injury?

Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 03:44:07 am »
Good GOD  Rock made Cena look so **** stupid tonight.

Weird how WWE are letting Rock bury their cash cow. makes Cena look so amateurish.
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 09:04:27 pm »

Weird how WWE are letting Rock bury their cash cow. makes Cena look so amateurish.

Gotta say i laughed at both but Rock was brilliant.

But i agree with D that its strange how they are burying Cena. I have thought for the last couple of confrontations that Cena was excellent and made Rock look a little silly. But no doubt that Rock won the cleaveland test. Strange that Rock got 20 minutes as opposed to Cena's 5.

No one denies that Rock is brilliant, my issue is that he is totally here for himself. For all the good in this feud it is ultimately flawed as Rock will not lose. I find the fact that WWE will bury Cena for someone (who is a legend) that will not be seen again for a while in the WWE incredible.

I felt the same when i thought Hogan would beat Rock at Mania, i was amazed that they would do that. Luckily sense prevailed and for the sake of the WWE i hope Cena actually goes over, but just can't see Rock's ego allowing that.
This is how it works, You're young until you're not
You love until you don't, You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry, You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe, Until their dying breath

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline BlowUpYourVideo

• Global Moderator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Ready for a heavy dose of sidequest-ocity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 07:47:15 pm »

TBH, I think Cena's been handling himself pretty well these last few weeks. He's not resorted to any corny jokes or anything dumb like that. To gnrfan's point, a bit one-sided giving The Rock 4/5 the amount of time Cena had. :P

I'm thinking (or maybe it's just hope...) that they're having Rock say all this stuff about Cena because it'll lead to a heel turn. To play armchair booker for a bit, what I'd have happen is: at some point, the match at WM gets made a No DQ Match but in the match itself, they don't really resort to 'illegal' tactics that much (maybe a low blow here or there, refusing to let go of a submission hold etc.). Cena has Rock down but can't pin him for three and eventually, he grabs a chair and just destroys The Rock with it, like Austin did at WM17. He finally beats Rock, perhaps flips off the crowd or something and leaves with a smug look on his face. 8)

And gnrfan, I have to disagree and say that I think Cena will win (whether or not it's anything like the above scenario). I can't comment on The Rock's motives for coming back, but I think they'll have Cena beat him. Considering it's in Rock's hometown, it has to result in a heel turn dammit! ;D
"The lift doors are closing... leaving you trapped in an airless, windowless coffin, hurtling downwards at a hundred miles an hour."

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 06:53:53 pm »

And gnrfan, I have to disagree and say that I think Cena will win (whether or not it's anything like the above scenario). I can't comment on The Rock's motives for coming back, but I think they'll have Cena beat him. Considering it's in Rock's hometown, it has to result in a heel turn dammit! ;D

We will see. I just don't see Cena pinning or making Rock tap. I think Rocks ego is too big to lose in his own hometown at WM. I hope i'm wrong coz always been a Rock fan and i think him losing is actually the right thing to do. I also kinda see it as a great moment for Cena, who unlike many i have a lot of respect for.

I like your scenario as long as its not a cheat to win kinda deal. Someone should win clean in my opinion... and i guess in a no DQ match chair use is clean.

The worst possible scenario is a Cena heel turn and win via blatant cheating.

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline BlowUpYourVideo

• Global Moderator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Ready for a heavy dose of sidequest-ocity
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 05:53:57 pm »
I like your scenario as long as its not a cheat to win kinda deal. Someone should win clean in my opinion... and i guess in a no DQ match chair use is clean.

The worst possible scenario is a Cena heel turn and win via blatant cheating.

Yeah, in my head, Cena would have The Rock down and hurt, but just not quite able to keep him down for the three count. It is basically a ripoff of the WM17 ending, but I think a Cena heel turn would be more likely to work than Austin's one did...

Of course, I know not everyone thinks Cena should turn heel, so that might not be a great scenario for them...
"The lift doors are closing... leaving you trapped in an airless, windowless coffin, hurtling downwards at a hundred miles an hour."

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 02:24:44 am »
Gonna be interesting. I know I am ordering WM. Won't torrent it.

Cant see Rock winning.

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 07:18:03 pm »

Cant see Rock winning.

With that Ego... i can.

Lets face it who is more likely to do the right thing by WWE? The guy who is here as one-off or the guy who will likely headline again next year?

I think we can all agree that the best thing for WWE to do is have Cena win, any other result would pretty much bury this era of wrestling in a time where it could do with a boost.

But i just can't see the Rock losing 1-2-3 or tapping clean. Just can't see it as where i can see Vince selling it to Cena to give it the boost it needs off Cena loss.

I mean to be honest Cena has little left to do in WWE. He is the biggest star and has beaten everyone really. This type of match is what he must live for these days win or lose.

Thats why the smart money is on the Rock i reckon.

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2012, 12:46:17 pm »
It's a tricky one, funny that PaddyPower are doing bets on this again.  Wish I knew someone who works in WWE :P

Cena is 8/11

The Rock is Evens

Clear everyone thinks there is hardly anything in it.  People think The Rock because many think his ego would not allow him to come back and lose, and it's also his hometown and they want to send the fans home happy, how many times though does WWE take pleasure in screwing over the locals??  The argument for Cena is he is THE man now, he is THE face of the company, why have him put over a semi retired part timer??  I have to edge with Cena on this, I'm thinking he gets it.

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 12:11:55 am »
Only way to really do it so everybody wins.. is have either Batista or Brock cost Cena the match

Then Rock wins... Cena saves face and has his next big dollar feud.

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2012, 07:43:52 pm »
Only way to really do it so everybody wins.. is have either Batista or Brock cost Cena the match

Then Rock wins... Cena saves face and has his next big dollar feud.

That to me would be terrible. This build up has been going for 12 months. To end it like that would be horrible.

This deserves a clean winner... simple as that. Its rare at Mania that a main event match is Russo-ruined like that.

If Cena loses it kills this generation of Wrestling that is already considered (and lets face it) is not as good as Rock's era. Thats what a Rock clean win does.... but even that is better than a dusty ending.

It would be unfair to Cena to do that IMO. Rock had his WM matches with Austin that he'll always be remembered for. This is for Cena basically because he is leagues bigger than the next superstar created from the post attitude era (like him or hate him).

If Rock wins fine... that might push the door open for a Cena heel turn. Who knows. But IMO it should be clean.

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 06:54:42 pm »
I have to edge with Cena on this, I'm thinking he gets it.

Cant see Rock winning.

:gtfo: :gtfo: :gtfo:  :****: :****: :****:

The Ego won out!

Does anyone actually think that the Mania outcome was good for WWE? The only upside to Rock winning IMO is that the fans went home happy. After that, i can't think of it profiting anyone?

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2012, 02:35:27 am »
WWE won

heard WM got 1.9 million buys.. so that match theoretically sold 900,000 ppvs as last year's wm did 1 million

so 9 hundred thousand  times 55 to 65 bucks??

MONEY!

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2012, 04:25:25 pm »
WWE won

heard WM got 1.9 million buys.. so that match theoretically sold 900,000 ppvs as last year's wm did 1 million

so 9 hundred thousand  times 55 to 65 bucks??

MONEY!

But people would of watched it whoever won. The build up was brilliant for WWE... no doubt.

But my question was how does Rock burying WWE's current biggest name help WWE?

Think how much better a storyline it would have been if Cena beats Rock comes out and Lesnar comes out and says congrats on beating The Rock and then F5's Cena.

Lets face it Cena will do what he's told as thats him.... but now he'll likely get beaten by Lesnar, which will essentially say "This Era sucks".

Don't get me wrong its great to have Lesnar and Rock back, and i don't subscribe to the "Rock/Lesnar is taking a younger workers spot" argument. They are superstars who worked hard and are immensly talented and make me wanna watch WWE. But WWE really on has Cena on that Level. but if they are coming back as a short term boost but by the time they leave WWE is left with nothing is that good for WWE?

"Give Youth A Chance"