Author Topic: The Rock/John Cena Feud  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
The Rock/John Cena Feud
« on: February 24, 2011, 10:14:02 pm »
I have enjoyed both promos in this tit for tat, but where will it go?

It will be interesting to see Rocks role in the Cena/Miz feud leading upto and on Wrestlemania and where the chips fall after Mania.

Will the Rock return to in-ring action and fight Cena? Will this "I'll never leave" thing just be a crock of **** or is there some substance to it?

As great as the Rock is on the mic... can he keep coming out week after week talking **** and not wrestle... I don't think so!

The great thing about this is that both are really saying things that i think they generally believe. Rock thinks that Cena's era has fallen short and Cena thinks that the Rock turned his back on wrestling. Both are probably correct and thats why its great.

Both are great entertainers and that should make for some great promos. But could Rock end up fighting Cena & Miz at Mania? or is he really gonna just be a host? and if he is gonna be a host will that lead to some sort of feud between Rock and Cena post Mania.

Whats the purpose of this? Turn Cena heel? Just let two massive names have a feud? or maybe a complete twist and Rock be a heel.

So many questions! Please have your say
This is how it works, You're young until you're not
You love until you don't, You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry, You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe, Until their dying breath

"Give Youth A Chance"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline BlowUpYourVideo

• Global Moderator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Ready for a heavy dose of sidequest-ocity
    • View Profile
Re: The Rock/John Cena Feud
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 12:38:06 pm »
I don't see anything really huge like a Cena heel turn or The Rock actually competing to come out of this. More than likely, it'll be Rock as guest ref between Cena and Miz, the two guys he ran down when he returned.

Either of those first two scenarios would be awesome of course, but I don't think either will happen. If one of them were to happen, I'd say the Cena heel turn would be more likely....
"The lift doors are closing... leaving you trapped in an airless, windowless coffin, hurtling downwards at a hundred miles an hour."

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 01:44:04 am »
Well for me, it only works if Cena stays "Thuganomic" John Cena. I am actually a big fan of that Cena.. I just hate the company man/Marine Cena

The Marine Cena would be eaten alive by The Rock. So hopefully they will go back and forth like this. Cena did awesome last week.

If i were guessing, they'll end up being in cahoots to trick the miz.
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline scotta75

• Matt Hardy
    • View Profile
    • Hi No Tori Fansubs
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 12:44:25 pm »
I have been putting a lot of thinking into this Rock vs Cena thing and to be honest about it I believe the WWE needs The Rock because let's face it Cena is as stall as D underwear on a friday night! I believe it is the right time for The Rock to come back to wrestling because there is no one right now on either RAW or SmackDown roster that can carry the company like the Rock can.

Does that mean The Rock is going to wrestle again? Let me say this wrestling is like a drug once it get's into your system it is very hard to get it out, and I think The Rock is feeling the itch again and once to see if he can still go inside that ring because it has been seven long years since he wrestle, and I believe he wants to do it again!
My heart burns with a desire as it screams out for me to show you the error of your ways, and set you on the path of Righteousness!

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 12:19:47 am »
I doubt The Rock will be wrestling, if he was they'd of announced it simply because it would increase buyrates by a hell of a lot more, they would be hyping it no end.  I think the question is, will he get physically involved?  Will he turn heel and help Miz, or take them both out?  Because we don't know, it works in a way because it has us all asking these questions, and in the mean time we get to enjoy the ride as the promos go back and forth and we continue to build to Wrestlemania 27.

Offline erik6barnes

• Brooklyn Brawler
  • Hoo-Rah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 05:52:11 am »
Cena can be seen but i doubted about Rock in wrestling now!!
It has been long time to see The Rock as he left wrestling long time back, but really would love to see the match between both of them.... It would be treat for our eyes!!! :popcorn:

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 08:11:09 pm »
Wrestlemania 28 eh....

I like the idea of a slow build but I think the simple thing is, The Rock is gone until January at the earliest now.  He may return to cost Cena his spot in the Rumble.  Or he could return and Cena is Champ and Cena says if he stills wants the match he is going to have to win the Rumble, from there he could either win it, or miss out and have to go to EC and try and get a shot there assuming whoever won the Rumble was facing the other Champion, I think this would involve too much activity for The Rock, I doubt he'll wrestle before the 'Mania bout.

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 12:42:01 am »
- After criticism of the John Cena vs. The Miz booking for WrestleMania 27, several people in the company felt that Cena, as a top star, should have spoken up and had the match changed before they went and did it live in front of 70,000 fans. It was noted that top stars in the past have spoken up and changed certain booking plans when they felt it was needed. Word is that Cena did complain about the booking to some people but didn?t request a change.

There?s a feeling that Cena came out of WrestleMania 27 unpopular and secondary, and that the WWE Title also came off as secondary since the match and the finish hurt both Cena and The Miz.

There?s also a feeling within the company that The Rock ?screwed? Cena and instead of Cena trying to get revenge, he got nothing besides a handshake on RAW and the endorsement from The Rock that the fans boo?d on RAW ? and now he has to carry WWE again as the top babyface.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 08:15:11 am »
Was definitely one of the more bizarre angles i can remember. Completely pointless and rushed cause they knew they had the worst wm card in history and tried to quickly insert the Rock to draw but it was just weird and retarded when u think about it.

The entire dynamic was screwed.. u have Rock make Miz and cena look bad on multiple occasions and now he is gone.... Cena is hated more than ever since Rock disrespected him so badly and Miz was the 3rd wheel afterthought as everyone wanted to see Rock/Cena.
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 01:13:34 am »
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:10:02 pm by Hammy »

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 08:08:08 pm »
Not sure how to embed mate, been a problem for a bit.

This match has the name value no doubt.

But for promo quality alone, I'd prefer Punk vs Rock.

One can dream....

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 12:10:48 am »
WWE officials are reportedly trying very hard to get The Rock to wrestle at the Survivor Series pay-per-view.

The original idea was for him to appear and do an angle but not wrestle until the match with John Cena at WrestleMania 28 but now they want him to wrestle in November. As noted before, there has also been discussion of doing a best of 3 series between the two.

Whether or not The Rock should wrestle or not at Survivor Series was a controversial topic of discussion within WWE this past week.

Source: F4Wonline.com

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 10:20:49 pm »
The Rock announced today on Facebook that he and John Cena will be joining forces at WWE's Survivor Series pay-per-view. Rock wrote the following with the image below:

"I'm not waiting til Wrestlemania 28...

I'm coming to Survivor Series in November and ELECTRIFYING New York City like never before!

TEAM BRING IT ? BOOTS TO ASSES."

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 11:04:40 pm »
Numerous WWE workers were giddy backstage over John Cena's pseudo-shoot tirade toward Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on Monday's Raw SuperShow since many share similar real-life sentiments. Those disgruntled are upset with Johnson being prominently featured at WrestleMania XXVIII since he is not a full-time performer and is taking away a prime spot that could be used to elevate an up-and-comer.

Based on reports and speculation of Johnson having "heat" within WWE circles, a Twitter user asked the actor/wrestler, "Haters claim you're keeping them from wrestling at 'Mania and they can't get over. Why couldn't they get over when you were gone?"

Johnson, who is well aware of the backstage vipers, responded Wednesday night, "The ones who are complaining are the ones who will never get over anyway, Too busy complaining."

Following Monday's Raw in Minneapolis, Minnesota, one WWE worker aired out his grievances toward Johnson via text to PWInsider.com (with permission to be quoted under the condition of anonymity): "[Johnson] comes in to use WWE to get back the audience he lost doing Disney movies, which is fine but he's been back over a year and name one person he helped make a bigger star since then? No one."

"He's here for himself, he keeps to himself, and he keeps someone who's actually touring here all year from making a bigger payday at the bigger shows. It's all about making this the "biggest" Mania of all time. OK, then what do we do the rest of the year? Who's been made? You think he took ANY blame for Survivor [Series] not drawing? Of course not, but how do you feud with a guy on the Titantron? Cena nailed the guy dead on tonight.

"Say anything about HHH, Taker, etc. still being in the top spot but if they were needed to work the road, they would and they would still work their asses off as much as they needed to. Rock is out for Rock and the idea he's here to better anything but his own wallet is the biggest work of 2012."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:09:04 pm by Hammy »

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 01:39:18 am »
LOL@ Crybaby WWE losers.

IF it wasn't for The Rock.... Ted Turner would be signing your paychecks.

Show some respect.

Rock has a pass anytime he wants to come on WWE TV. He put in his time and elevated WWE to heights no one other than Hogan and Stone Cold have.

Hate whiny ass diva scrub wrestlers.