Author Topic: The Wire  (Read 481 times)

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
The Wire
« on: July 31, 2010, 02:17:12 pm »
I just got done watching all five seasons of this show and i have to say its Incredible.

The consistent quality of writing and acting is superior to any show i have ever watched.

So many characters to get to grips with, that you can't really evaluate the show until you have watched the first season.

For those that haven't seen it.... Get it! and for those that have just wondering what you guys thought about it.

I read recently that its the all time top rated TV show amongst critics and i'm not surprised. 
This is how it works, You're young until you're not
You love until you don't, You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry, You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe, Until their dying breath

"Give Youth A Chance"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
Re: The Wire
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 07:27:16 pm »
Ive heard amazing things about this. i actually rented the first season.. watched a little of the first episode but couldn't get into it.. i think i was burnt out from watching 3 straight seasons of Dexter in 7 days LOL!

so may try it again
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 10:20:50 am »
Ive heard amazing things about this. i actually rented the first season.. watched a little of the first episode but couldn't get into it.. i think i was burnt out from watching 3 straight seasons of Dexter in 7 days LOL!

so may try it again

Yeah Do It mate.

It took me about 4 episodes to get into it and i actually gave the first season back to the friend i was borrowing it from after 2 episodes and said "Its not my thing", but man i was glad he made me take it back.

If you watch the whole first season and Hate it, then its probably not for you. But its an amazing show because whoever you talk to they all have a different favourite character or favourite sceen and you should see some of the only arguments over which season is the best.... it gets quite heated.

Personally i think Season 4 is the best, but every series is better than 90% of drama out there and manages to insert some comedy too.

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 10:57:40 pm »
The Shield is my fave show ever, have u ever seen it? Wonder how The Wire compares to it..
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 10:53:58 am »
Seen the first 2 seasons never had time to watch anyone beyond that, it involves, my time, attention, me not being tired, many things that are a rarity.

Offline Evolution

• Global Moderator
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Follow The Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 05:42:08 pm »
Hoho, I recently finished all 5 seasons. What a show!
http://wwfmatchgraphics.tumblr.com/

Your Tumblr home for Attitude era Match Graphics!

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 05:44:27 pm »
Hoho, I recently finished all 5 seasons. What a show!

Yep incredible.

Its one of those shows which i'm so glad to have watched but am jealous of the people that are still watching it for the first time.

I thought season 4 was the best season, but the slow build up of season 2 was also really good. Incredible work from all involved.

"Give Youth A Chance"

Offline Evolution

• Global Moderator
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Follow The Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 05:54:17 pm »
Season 1 I found really easy to get into, really tightly written. I found the number of new characters introduced right away at the start of Season 2 a bit of a culture shock at first, but it ended up being enjoyable nonetheless, despite Nick Sobotka, who I don't think was acted particularly well.

Season 3 was perhaps my least favourite, I couldn't get into Tommy Carcetti at all, but come Season 4 he just clicked with me. I don't know, I liked his "can't be arsed" attitude at start, and by the end I was finding his excitement quite entertaining. The storyline behind the four boys was really good too. I'll avoid outright spoilers, but the death on the corner (wink wink) of one certain character was really well done. He went out like a proper hero.

Season 5...well. It's very watchable, and the last three episodes are one of the best little stretches the show ever had, but Christ, is the main storyline bizarre. Not only does McNulty act in a way that is a bit too far (even for him), he drags Lester down with him! It would have been a little easier to swallow had they done it in a 6th season, with the 5th season showing Jimmy getting ever more desperate. The way the situation just erupted was very odd.
http://wwfmatchgraphics.tumblr.com/

Your Tumblr home for Attitude era Match Graphics!

Offline Gnrfan

• Hulk Hogan
  • Hey i've won it all
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 06:17:18 pm »
Yeah season 3 was my least favourite too i think.

Some fantastic scenes from all 5 seasons i thought. When Marlowe went to the bank in either 4 or 5... was just a fantastic scene, that did not progress the show, but emphasised his character brilliantly.

The thing was you could see every character's point of view and puts pay to alot of pre-conceptions that people (myself included) had about the material in the show.

"Give Youth A Chance"