Author Topic: Batista in MMA?  (Read 1101 times)

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
Batista in MMA?
« on: June 22, 2010, 10:14:17 pm »
TMZ.com reported that Dave Batista signed with MMA company Strikeforce and will try his hand at real fighting...............

At 41 years old and his injury problems.... I don't see this going well

thoughts?

LOL Booker T weighs in. remember they had a real fight backstage in 2006:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/21/booker-t-batista-bobby-lashley-mma-strikeforce/
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 10:19:19 pm by D »
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
Re: Batista in MMA?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 10:31:04 pm »
Hey I don't know the guy and what his training in MMA has been like, but just looking at him, he is built like a bodybuilder not a fighter.  Then as you said his age, and his zero experience as a pro in the sport.  If he does try they'll attempt to feed him so no name guys to build him up, and chances are one of them will drop him, beat him, and he'll disappear from the sport just as quickly as he appeared in it.

Offline D

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Break dancing baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 10:41:27 pm »
Ive read his book and he use to be a bouncer... haha

knocking out drunks and trained pros is a whole nother ballgame.
Join TSC MMA fight camp and compete against others on the net. Its like Powerslam Predictions only MMA:

Go to MMA section for details!

Offline Hammy

• Administrator
  • Hulk Hogan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 12:36:46 am »
In a new interview with MMAFighting.com to promote his UFC 116 fight with Shane Carwin, Brock Lesnar was asked about Batista’s claims to TMZ that he would be fighting for Strikeforce. Lesnar responded:

“Get in line, everybody and their dog wants to get into fighting,” he said. “Next question. We’re talking about a heavyweight championship fight, not some wannabe.”

Offline nightrain

• nWo
  • Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 05:46:12 pm »
Seems like negotiations have hit a snag.

Former WWE champ Batista may have jumped the gun when he told us he was joining the Strikeforce MMA league -- TMZ has learned dude hasn't signed a contract ... and the holdup is cold, hard cash.

Sources involved in the negotiations tell TMZ, Batista and Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker have already hammered out most of the details in their contract -- but Batista's salary is still a major sticking point.

Coker and the former WWE star are also stuck on scheduling issues -- because according to sources close to the fighter, Batista's calendar has been jam-packed with TV and movie deals since his wrestling contract expired.

We're also told Batista's camp is pissed off over Booker T.'s comments yesterday that Batista would get beat down by fellow WWE-star-turned-MMA-fighter Bobby Lashley ... telling us Batista will fight anyone, Lashley included.

Hopefully, we'll get to see for ourselves ... if Batista can ever work out a deal.

Offline nightrain

• nWo
  • Shawn Michaels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 06:05:59 pm »
Brock Lesnar, the former WWE champion and current UFC Hvt. champion, told TMZ yesterday that he would fight former WWE star Dave Batista in MMA.

Lesnar quipped that he doesn't think Batista would want to fight him, though. Lesnar also commented on pro wrestlers getting into MMA.

The following is a transcript of Lesnar's very succinct responses to rapid-fire questions on Batista and pro wrestlers in MMA.

Question: "What do you think of the wrestler Batista fighting MMA now?"

Lesnar: "Good for him. Good luck."

Q: "Would you fight him?"

L: "I would fight him. I don't think he would want to fight me, though."

Q: "Does he have a chance?"

L: "I wish him all the best."

Q: "Any advice for him?"

L: "Um. (long pause) Good luck. (laughs)"

Q: "What do you think of other wrestlers wanting to join UFC and fight MMA?"

L: "You have to do what you want to do. It's worked so far for me. If you're not happy doing what you're doing, that's the beauty of the USA that you can do what you want to do."

Offline scotta75

• Matt Hardy
    • View Profile
    • Hi No Tori Fansubs
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 09:39:14 pm »
I was checking out my Iphone MMA application yesterday while waiting the bus so I can get home from work and I came a very interesting article that says that Strikeforce is trying to put together a Bobby Lashey vs David Bastia fight.

If this rumor is true then what does this mean for the WWE when it 2 biggest stars of the future in Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashey have made the jump to MMA, and are having success in the sport, and if Bastia should come along and make in the MMA will other WWE superstars look at WWE as a way into get into the sport or is this just here today gone tomorrow phase?
My heart burns with a desire as it screams out for me to show you the error of your ways, and set you on the path of Righteousness!